Welcome Pack for Tenants

Does anyone prepare one to give to the new tenants?

We wanted to make them feel welcome so chucked a range of food assortments and bottle of wine in a basket.

Also left some useful cleaning products in the bathroom etc.

Hope it makes a difference. Also left a note saying welcome as well.

Thoughts / experiences?

lol you guys are funny.

Do you think giving them a bottle of wine and a box of choccies is going to keep them paying their rent on time or stop them getting tradies out for mundane issues they could sort themselves? No.

They should be sending their landlord a bottle of wine at the end of the year instead.

lol you guys are funny.

You're funny thinking we're funny.

Do you think giving them a bottle of wine and a box of choccies is going to keep them paying their rent on time or stop them getting tradies out for mundane issues they could sort themselves?
No we definitely dont, but doing it is not going to stop them paying it either.

They should be sending their landlord a bottle of wine at the end of the year instead.

Now that would be nice.... you know,with 15 years of active investing experience under my belt Ive never thought about that...thanks for the idea - I will ask :)

Last edited:
We've done this once and it worked out great.

They were amazing tenants - never had an issue. When it was time for them to move on they gave us plenty of notice and were happy to allow open inspections at short notice. They even returned the gesture when leaving and gave us a hamper :)

I know it's not always going to be rainbows and butterflies - but sometimes these kind of gestures can work out really well.

Cheers

Jamie

Really depends on the target market you're renting in I think.

I can see this working in short term executive style rentals. Probably wouldn't in normal residential market.

Really depends on the target market you're renting in I think.

We left our tenants with a 2 litre bottle of bourbon, carton of fags and a meat tray :)

Just joking - I think it was a bottle of wine and chocolates. They really appreciated - it was their first rental in Australia too so we may have set an expectation :)

Cheers

Jamie

lol you guys are funny.

Do you think giving them a bottle of wine and a box of choccies is going to keep them paying their rent on time or stop them getting tradies out for mundane issues they could sort themselves? No.

It does work. It has worked for me many times. I think the most we've done is leave a bottle of champers, but we self-manage so we have direct contact with the tenants.

We have amazing relationships with most of our tenants. We had one tenant and his wife over for brekky a few weeks back.

They are now friends and will remain so I'm guessing long after they move on. He is also now our painter.

Give and you shall receive (and I am not even religions) :D.

Hi

It is something I have never done but my father used to do it with some of his tenants. It worked out very well for him as one of his best tenants who unfortunately has passed on did stay for around 15 years and even spent a lot of their own money renovating the property to a better standard than what we gave it to them by adding larger outdoor decking areas and internal feature walls and a bathroom reno all at the tenants expense.

So I would have to think it brings no negatives to the landlord/tenant relationship and in some circumstances can improve the relationship immensely. Maybe I need to start doing this?

Regards,

alicudi

Good question,probably nothing!!! In the past i have bent over backwards to help tenants, in lots of different ways.And it never amazes me how quickly they will turn on you.

Agreed...ours are canadian bogans.
These people have a completely different type of mindset.
They aren't 'normal'.

16 inch flat screen for $109, not bad if I can charge then additional $10 a week and they be the best tenant ever :D

16? Yea right.

Was back in adelaide weekend before last. This 3 bedroom home we looked at had a tv in the 1 living area and in each of the 3 bedrooms. I think the smallest one prob would have been 36"

I think last time my my brother in law rented, the AGENT left a welcome pack complete with food hamper etc :eek: (and ad's for the agency etc etc)

From a practical perspective, I think a good welcome pack should include
- operating instructions for various things (hot water unit, aircon etc)
- bin collections days (rubbish/recycle/plants)
- hard rubbish collection arrangements/days

The Y-man

I offered my tenants an Ipad if they didnt go into arrears by more then a week and they stayed for 2 years,

as I thoguht the rent was about $5-$10 too high,

I can get an ipad for about $450, so I thought it was a good trade off for me!

if they leave before, then no ipad for them ;)

lets see what happens though

I think last time my my brother in law rented, the AGENT left a welcome pack complete with food hamper etc :eek: (and ad's for the agency etc etc)

From a practical perspective, I think a good welcome pack should include
- operating instructions for various things (hot water unit, aircon etc)
- bin collections days (rubbish/recycle/plants)
- hard rubbish collection arrangements/days

The Y-man

We've done similar to this

Oh and have provided movie tickets for the tenant family on occasion to great tenants

Back