Welcome To The YouTube Community For Property Investors

I'll speak for everyone else seeing they aren't logged on at the moment. This would never be sanctioned by Jan, Ian, Sim or the other Moderators and I thank you for removing the reference.
Ruby, I don't think Jan & Ian & Sim would have the foresight to envision this nor would she even know what it could do in terms of implementation with Developer API's at this early stage to instal interfaces that 'outsider' web sites can stream content into from the most prominent investor related video content, perhaps in the future thoughts...views....perceptions will change as it gets more established!?:confused:

Last edited:
I don't even know this Ian who's Ian?! I don't know Sim who's Sim?!:confused:
Ian Somers, Jan's husband, and developer of the PIA software. Ian does have some active involvement in the forum.

Sim is the site's techo- the person responsible for implementing and maintaining all the software

I don't even know this Ian who's Ian?! I don't know Sim who's Sim?!:confused:

Ian would be the lord and master of this internet realm, Jaffa, and we are just visitors borrowing his hall for discussions (though I'd be happy if he provided beer). Ian Somers in real life. The owner of this website.

RE copyright and youtube, people might find this interesting. It's a blog by Mark Cuban, a dotcom billionaire who sold out early to Yahoo and kept his money and now, amongst other things co-owns the Dallas Mavericks (NBA team):

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2006/09/17/the-coming-dramatic-decline-of-youtube/

Alex

Ruby, I don't think Jan & Ian & Sim would have the for site to envision this nor would she even know what it could do in terms of implementation with Developer API's at this early stage to instal interfaces that 'outsider' web sites can stream content into from the most prominent investor related video content, perhaps in the future thoughts...views....perceptions will change as it gets more established!?:confused:
Both Jan and Ian have the foresight, they are just very honourable people. Copyright and Intellectual property is, and always has been of great concern for them. Being authors of both books and software they are acutely aware…..more so than most, of the huge intellectual theft that goes on.

The risk of copyright infringement at YouTube is well documented……just be very aware and cover yourself.

Although you may have very deep pockets………..who knows, ultimately you may be responsible for what people post.

Thanks for your thoughts guys and support. I had envisaged that if this got going and way out of my hands that I would surrender it over to some company more capable of handling it and it's administration.

It has a function that I can change 'Ownership to another member'. Whether this YouTube Investors Group turns out any good or not I don't know, we'll see in the future.

Obviously they had the foresight to establish their own forums back in their day! The concept of this YouTube is a very different kettle of fish. This thread has now distinguished the two.

Obviously they had the foresight to establish their own forums back in their day! The concept of this YouTube is a very different kettle of fish. This thread has now distinguished the two.
Jaffa:rolleyes: I'm still trying to understand what is your Hidden Agenda with all these
post's what are you trying to play at, not many people can enter a home without consent......willair......

Well good on ya Jaffa I say.

Glad someone's got the initiative to do this. The rest of you, the 90's called and they want their lawsuit discussion back...:p

Stuff like YouTube and MySpace is where it's at nowdays and what better a way to collectively gather video and audio related to property investing. Let's not get left behind...if this snowballs it will become truly valued resource for all.

There's no harm done in linking clips to this group...that's why they created them in the first place! No need for knicker-twisting over copyright laws. Think you'll find that YT and Google collectively already have a pretty firm grasp of the concepts and the repercussions. So long as no-one does anything outlandishly stupid I can't see this ever being anything but a positive...

Rory :)

Ruby, I don't think Jan & Ian & Sim would have the foresight to envision this nor would she even know what it could do in terms of implementation with Developer API's at this early stage to instal interfaces that 'outsider' web sites can stream content into from the most prominent investor related video content, perhaps in the future thoughts...views....perceptions will change as it gets more established!?:confused:
Jaffasoft

I'm an ex programmer (I know what an API is for instance), and I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

Can you explain a little more clearly please?

Jaffasoft

I'm an ex programmer (I know what an API is for instance), and I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

Can you explain a little more clearly please?

Clearly Jaffa is attempting to incubate innovative solutions through the disintermediation of transparent infrastructures and the optimisation of collaborative functionalities.

Clearly Jaffa is attempting to incubate innovative solutions through the disintermediation of transparent infrastructures and the optimisation of collaborative functionalities.

Nice. ;)

JaffaSoft said:
Ruby, I don't think Jan & Ian & Sim would have the foresight to envision this nor would she even know what it could do in terms of implementation with Developer API's at this early stage to instal interfaces that 'outsider' web sites can stream content into from the most prominent investor related video content, perhaps in the future thoughts...views....perceptions will change as it gets more established!?

I'm also confused as to what you mean here, Jaffa. Please don't take this the wrong way, but is English not your primary language?

As for the seminar DVDs, I wouldn't even bother trying to upload them — you would be opening Pandora's Box.

Glad someone has some brains around here to intelligently explain things better then what I can, but you did do it perfectly, but I was a little annoyed at the way you accuse me of trying to take intellectual property when only I am purely a forum member and trying to help and support members. Why me I'm the one copping it because I have formed a group it could well have been anyone else!

Geoff Google maps is an API and it draws on maps to load into it etc similar to the www.suburbview.com website. One for 'YouTube' videos can be customised to draw on the media .flv (Flash Video Files) so that the huge amount of file content can not only be paid for by YouTube (for the bandwidth used to stream the video content!) but more importantly allows visitors to view that media through say your own personal web page of what's filed away at YouTube. Or is could be the same for any other subjects.

You could have one for SubWays and have everything to do with subway streaming down your site for people to view!

I will try dig up a few links and that will explain it best!

Jaffa,

I have no idea what you're talking about, hence my constant declarations of "I don't understand....". I think you're missing everyone's point here, and that is to exercise a degree of caution. And to add to this, you are mistakenly interpreting people's questions as criticism. No one is trying to make you "cop" anything.

I for one, have read many of your posts, and I am no clearer on what it is you are trying to say in ANY OF THEM. :eek:

Maybe I need to dye my hair a dark colour because I'm starting to think my inability to comprehend a word you're saying as my being (heaven forbid) a typical blonde!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe just me but I think Jafasofts a nice guy who has both a keen interest in Property Investing and Web-Site design, primarily flash based whatevers :D (its all double dutch to me, I thought API was a magazine :confused: ).

But You cant knock him for:
A- trying to learn
B- Trying to assist others where posible via his sites

Glad to see many post here are expressions of concern that he doesn't get himself into deep water, hopefully he takes the posts as most were intended

my 1.5c

Maybe just me but I think Jafasofts a nice guy who has both a keen interest in Property Investing and Web-Site design, primarily flash based whatevers :D (its all double dutch to me, I thought API was a magazine :confused: ).

But You cant knock him for:
A- trying to learn
B- Trying to assist others where posible via his sites

Glad to see many post here are expressions of concern that he doesn't get himself into deep water, hopefully he takes the posts as most were intended
Thanks Redwing.

I agree with you. Jaffasoft is a really nice guy.

The community he's setting up is a very innovative resource. Jaffasoct- well done on doing that. There's a lot of people here who appreciate the efffort.

The resource he's created is very well worth while.

Concerns were created about putting the forum's name on UTube. Those concerns have been addressed.

Jaffasoft has contributed well.

I didn't understand a few posts he had made though.

JS, can you explain please mate?

It's all good fun, till someone gets hurt.

Jaffa's last post.

#1 Today, 10:22 PM
Jaffasoft
Top 250 Join Date: Dec 2003

Someone suspend my membership

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone please suspend my membership and take me away from this forum and help me with this addiction.

Only allow me to read now and contribute nothing written.

See you(s) around in the future when I can better control my use of time on the internet.

So long to you I am out now and into real life!

Join The Most Prominent Australian YouTube Community For Property Investor

BB

It's all good fun, till someone gets hurt.
That's why my post. I had hoped that I could convince him that he had made a really good contribution.

If people disagree, well, things happen. I would have hoped that people don't get hurt.

But that's too much to expect. Many of us have been stung by comments we don't believe are fair.

I've had my own share of negative, and even hurtful, posts. They don't help anyone. But I've always felt I have to move forward, and not to pay too much atention to the past. Except when it involves job interviews :D

I've tried to keep contributing, most of all when something I've done is of direct relaevance to what ha sbeen asked.

Back