Werribee

ROFL ok If I had Saudi sheik money I probably wouldn’t care about ROI, but I’m only an average investor and ROI is very important to me. If you can’t understand why ROI is more important than just simple $ is $ then good luck to you.

Edit: basically if you make MORE from LESS it absolutely proves that you were smarter with your investment

It's actually because RoE/RoI are all calculations based on an ex-poste circumstances. No one sets out to make 12% RoI or whatever, people go out to make $$$. If they manage to make the same amount of $$ with less investment/equity put in, then good on them. but the first step comes with getting the $$$ first.

It's actually because RoE/RoI are all calculations based on an ex-poste circumstances. No one sets out to make 12% RoI or whatever, people go out to make $$$. If they manage to make the same amount of $$ with less investment/equity put in, then good on them. but the first step comes with getting the $$$ first.

Ok so then who has the bragging rights at dinner parties?

I have heard that Wyndham council also charges more as compared to other councils for services like rubbish bins, water services, etc.. Can someone who own properties under Wyndham council confirm on this.

Other comment was due to rate of population increase in Wyndham the council is struggling to provide sufficient kindergartens, parking spaces, doctors, and residents have started feeling the pain. It will only worsen as poor section of the society will have no choice but to get gentrified to Werribee :(

Um - the guy with a RoE of 6% who's hosting 12% RoE people in a dinner party at his Brighton beach house on the Golden Mile?

A fund manger who makes a 12% return in a year from a $500m fund is going to have more bragging rights than a retail investor who managed to make 50% return on $20k by betting on ANZ at the bottom of the market.

No one honestly thinks the person who invested in ANZ is going to tell the $500m fund manager how to suck eggs yea?

A fund manger who makes a 12% return in a year from a $500m fund is going to have more bragging rights than a retail investor who managed to make 50% return on $20k by betting on ANZ at the bottom of the market.

No one honestly thinks the person who invested in ANZ is going to tell the $500m fund manager how to suck eggs yea?

Ahh Deltaberry... completely missing the point again...

What about the ‘guy’ who makes 0.01% off a trillion dollars? What does he say?

Haha... why can't you addres my example? You asked who has bragging rights, and I answered you with a realistic example.

But ok, to be fair, let me try your unrealistic example. Hmmm... I think the answer is, someone with $1 trillion would not be sitting on the same table as someone who made 50% return on his $20k.

Haha... why can't you addres my example? You asked who has bragging rights, and I answered you with a realistic example.

But ok, to be fair, let me try your unrealistic example. Hmmm... I think the answer is, someone with $1 trillion would not be sitting on the same table as someone who made 50% return on his $20k.

Your example is realistic? In the context of a property investment forum in Australia your example of a 500m asset base is realistic? How did you get from arguing a house in Carlton vs a house in Werribee to 500m?

Ok you got me man, 12% roi on 500m is totally awesome... hey ummm, you got 500m as well yeah? I reckon we both take our 500m and just chuck it somewhere that makes 9% and we’ll be set! Or better yet let’s get all the SSers here to take their 500m and we’ll pool that, and then we wouldn’t even care what % return we get. So everyone got their 500m handy?

Well it’s back to reality for me, using as little of my money and as much of OPM to make as much of a return as I can...

Your example is realistic? In the context of a property investment forum in Australia your example of a 500m asset base is realistic? How did you get from arguing a house in Carlton vs a house in Werribee to 500m?

Ok you got me man, 12% roi on 500m is totally awesome... hey ummm, you got 500m as well yeah? I reckon we both take our 500m and just chuck it somewhere that makes 9% and we’ll be set! Or better yet let’s get all the SSers here to take their 500m and we’ll pool that, and then we wouldn’t even care what % return we get. So everyone got their 500m handy?

Well it’s back to reality for me, using as little of my money and as much of OPM to make as much of a return as I can...

Lol... you must've lost the plot. I didn't even talk about Carlton or 12% ROI. That was another poster?

I was merely addressing your question, about who had more bragging rights. I know you wanted me to say the poor guy has more bragging rights because you probably see yourself in that sense, but alas I think I'm entitled to my opinion and to state it. If you can't accept another opinion, you shouldn't read discussion forums?

Lol... you must've lost the plot. I didn't even talk about Carlton or 12% ROI. That was another poster?

I was merely addressing your question, about who had more bragging rights. I know you wanted me to say the poor guy has more bragging rights because you probably see yourself in that sense, but alas I think I'm entitled to my opinion and to state it. If you can't accept another opinion, you shouldn't read discussion forums?

So the crux of your argument is that 500m is better than 20k? I have no rebuttal to that flawless argument.

I think that you have lost the plot, take a step back and look at your web browser address bar. I hope it says www.somersoft.com/forums not www.wonkersanonymous.com/forums

I think the kind of people that frequent this forums don’t want to hear about 500m asset bases, also why 500m? why not just completely win the internet and go for 1b?

This entire thread was basically arguing the old east vs west argument that’s been going on for ages and ages, but I guess you had to feel superior and drop such a zinger as 500m > 20k argument. You have succeeded, well done sir

PS. I have accepted your opinion that a gargantuan asset base is way awesome

My example was just to demonstrate how making $ was more important than %.

You really need to calm down and see my argument for what it is rather than blindly going nuts and attacking me. Otherwise you might accidently pop one of those little vessels in your head. Which could be a problem for ambulances, as I hear the roads can get quite packed over where you are at this time of the day. :D:D:D

Happy Australia Day

Seems you're indulging in an argument that is completely void of any perspective. Both % and $$ are two variables of the same equation, which equals profit.

However, In *all* circumstances, investing is about a % gain. Yes, % means very little when you're talking about polar arguments between 20k and 500m. But between 300k and 700k, % is a big deal. It means that over the medium to long term, regular % increases will lead to bigger $$ than the person that was initially chasing $$ for bragging rights.

Not sure how this could even be argued on an investment forum as reputable as this one.

And seriously, $$ = bragging rights?

I agree that it was a pointless argument, I was bored at work though and the ranting helped me get through the day. If the mods can delete those posts I think that will be a good idea as they add nothing to the actual topic of the thread.

Back