West Pennant Hills

Can someone please advise me the best streets of West Pennant Hills - with the consideration that they are near the upcoming train station there.

thanks

Aiken and Highs Rd are the main arterial roads.
I would not buy "On" these main roads.
Elsewhere is a Great suburb! Pennant Hills golf club close to Beecroft station is a Good spot too.

Good luck...

Can someone please advise me the best streets of West Pennant Hills - with the consideration that they are near the upcoming train station there.

thanks

Don't forget Coonara Ave for the matter - literally hundreds if not thousands of IBMers roam that road every morning and arvo...

thanks so much. Also, some of the area near the proposed station fall in Cherrybrook - is their premium attached to WPH vs Cherrybrook? Is one preferable over the other? regards

I prefer Cherrybrook over WPH only because of great schools such as Cherrybrook Technology High School as well Cherrybrook/John Purchase Public School, and yes there is a premium for your house to be zoned in CTHS.

Sellers have already slapped the station's premium on top at least 6 months ago so you've kinda missed the boat buying sans premium.

Yes my limited research over the last week or so has confirmed this. Area seems to me to be overpriced for the travel to city.

The travel times into the city by bus from the areas that the Northwest rail link will service may be shorter than the corresponding train travel times, and I would suggest also a fair bit cheaper. With this in mind it's odd that there would be a price increase for areas immediately around the station. Elsewhere in the west there's negative associations with train stations based on the propensity to attract people with a lot of spare time on their hands.

The city travel times by bus are based on what a friend has told me the bus travel times are from the Cherrybrook area.

So what areas are cheap for the travel to the city on a trainline?

Not suggesting for a moment that there are cheap areas around however I can see that there has been a significant jump for certain pockets around station which doesnt make sense to me given the train station is still years away and potentially may never happen.

Not suggesting for a moment that there are cheap areas around however I can see that there has been a significant jump for certain pockets around station which doesnt make sense to me given the train station is still years away and potentially may never happen.

I'd be devastated if it doesn't eventuate, have you seen that massive hole opposite Glenhope Ave which is the site earmarked for Cherrybrook station? I don't particularly want my house to be near a massive dump like what World Square was for almost 2 decades :p

The travel times into the city by bus from the areas that the Northwest rail link will service may be shorter than the corresponding train travel times, and I would suggest also a fair bit cheaper.

+1

Hills Bus express to the city will be a fair bit quicker if not cheaper to boot. ~$10 per day return trip IIRC and 40 minutes each way. The trains gonna be ~1 hour.

Hubby and children travel to North Sydney, Macquarie and the city on the bus from Cherrybrook and have no complaints at all. I am sure they will continue to use the bus even after the trains are in and running.

A friend is looking to downsize and I was looking through all (I mean all, right from Kellyville to Hornsby) the surrounding areas for a 2 bed place and was shocked at what the prices have gone to. Narrowed down to 3 properties in about 10 suburbs, just about everything is under contract ... sign of the times, I think !

Back