Western Sydney/Parramatta region market is stupidly crazy

How many bedrooms is the granny flat?
It is a two bedder. 2.7 x 4.82 = 13sqm and a 2.8 x 3.63=10 sqm (with built-ins) room.

Who is your PM in the area? Thinking of getting our greater western Sydney PM to manage the current PPOR when we find a suitable new PPOR - out of area, but easy to deal with one agent.
One of the popular one in the area. I bargained hard to get that rate as I have two sets of tenants. I sent an email about this to you.

Bought this property as PPOR about 7 years ago. I bought it for the land (~735sqm, 18m frontage, front sloping, no sewage issues & 11 min walk to train). Wife bought it for the house (brick, kitchen & bath) - So it was a costly 495K.
Then we moved out and built a granny flat for $112K all up.
PM fees are 5.5%.
Rent includes water which is about $400-450 a year.

Since we already had the suitable property, the granny flat worked well. I tried to repeat the same but numbers never stack up well if we need to buy a new property.

Cheers for the info!

Does anyone have any thoughts on Oatlands as an area. Looking for 1000sq of land with decent house to rent and then subsequently build. What should i be expecting to pay (house does not need to be brick, just high side and quarter acre).

2770 is at it again

http://www.elliottshiner.com.au/buy...18-baynes-street-mount-druitt-nsw-11610100143

Following on from the recent highest sale price ever, we have another house listed at $760k

Mmm . Dilemma . Should I buy a house for 750 in mt Druitt which is ( no disrespect to those on the forum who buy or live there , but is in the middle of some of the most nondescript property that sydney has to offer ) or should I pay 1.15 for an east side , walk station house in turramurra ....which is just around the corner from properties that sell for over 3 mill.

Cliff

Mmm . Dilemma . Should I buy a house for 750 in mt Druitt which is ( no disrespect to those on the forum who buy or live there , but is in the middle of some of the most nondescript property that sydney has to offer ) or should I pay 1.15 for an east side , walk station house in turramurra ....which is just around the corner from properties that sell for over 3 mill.

Cliff

LOL!

I buy AND live in the West. No way would I pay that much! That's madness!

LOL!

I buy AND live in the West. No way would I pay that much! That's madness!

Yep.. I bought in Erskine Park which is a much nicer suburb.. 5 br Masterton home with 3 living areas for way way less than $760k. And it wouldnt take $200k of renos to get mine to that level.

My cats are much smaller than your dogs. They can share a room.

I only have one dog. He is quite large, so I can see how he may be confused for more than one.

Not as large as Clifford the big red dog though, that would just be impractical, especially if you lived in a studio apartment.

My target suburb has just increased 20-30k in the last month! Kicking myself I didn't make higher offers In july. My crystal ball obviously needed a good service. Now I have to look at neighbouring suburbs as the numbers dont work for me now.

Been looking at the market around the Parramatta region. Houses in Toongabbie selling for close to 100k over what you would have paid a year ago. Each open home has in order of 50+ viewings...

Even clad homes in liveable condition are selling for 600k odd. Just saw a listing range between 600k-650k. It's a single level 4br brick home. There is just one lounge in the home. Are they kidding?

Further rate cuts will probably push people to pay more. A local agent I was speaking with said that it's difficult for them as well as there are a lot of hostile buyers.

Last weekend a double story house sold close to 700k mark (asking price was offers over 600k - same people had failed to sell this home a few times in the recent years when asking 650k). It was on 1000sqm land, needed 50k renovation. The most interesting part is the street is full of housing commission at the end of it. Saw some interesting characters when we drove through the street and there are burnt cars in the front yards.

What are people really thinking? Either they have loads of cash to not need LMI and get the valuations they want without issues, or they think the repayments are cheap now. But what if when rates go higher?

Me and my sis are on strong incomes yet we aren't really sure if we are stupid enough to pay $650k for the latest listing of a brick home (extended with clad at the back) on a < 600 sqm corner block, that can't even currently be sub divide??

Same with Pendle Hill and Wentworthville.

It's a joke.

Is this sustainable??

I know there is proximity to Parramatta that is helping. But will there be a correction at some stage?

Should be pleased that we have several IPs which are getting decent capital growth. But not happy with competing with several First Home Buyers/Upgraders...

Hi MsAli,

I too saw the property and was one among the 50 viewers on the only open inspection. This property looks to be a good buy in many angles. Now 4 bedroom duplexes in Pendle Hill is sold for $713k (14A, Warman Street) with land less than 350sqm. Compared to that, 5 bedroom 3 bathroom 1012 sqm land property sold for $686k is cheap.

This area is growing. On the same Valeria Street, Western Sydney are building townhouses quoting $579k with land less than 200sqm. On that comparison, this is better for additional $109k.

If bank valuation is taken on the property, it will be more than the sold price as 33 Valeria Street was sold for $680k for land value alone, with same size 1012sqm. Builders purchased that and are building townhouses. On comparison, the 2 storey brick house is purchased for $6k.

From investor point of view, seeing the floor plan of the property, it can be easily split and rented. Master bedroom with ensuite, second meals area converted to kitchen, 200 sqm backyard allocated with colorbond fence and with seperate entrance can easily fetch rent of $300pw-$350pw, as station is only 400m away. Remaining 4 bedroom 2 bathroom, one lounge, one dining and one rampus can be easily rented for $550pw. This is a positive geared property and more than enough for cash flow.

Price will not go less than $686k when there is dual income and also granny can be built in for $100k to get another $400pw. Investors do more homework than others and calculate ROI.

Three years back they requested for $650k and failed to sell in that market. But in current market, paying $36k (6%) more than asking price 3 years back is reasonable. Particularly when there are more than 8 buyers (as per agent) above $675k, few extra thousands will not hurt.

Doonside and Toongabbie are hot now. Early birds are winning. While you see this as a dirt, investor utilised your view and opportunity to see it as their asset.

With all above comparison and investment point of view, this is a good buy. I too may be one among those in your stupid list but individual views vary.

Back