Westpac make it a 65bhp cut

Hmm - we are 12mths into a 3yr fixed @7.79% - with Westpac - wonder what the break fee would be to switch to variable considering there looks to be more cuts coming....guessing Ill be calling soon...

Cheers
Stella

One of my loans is the same as you, 12 months into 3 year fixed @ 7.79%, loan is about 300k. My payout before the .75 cut last week was 13k, I would expect that to be up around 20k now, and to think I paid to the lock in fee for that rate as well because the rates were going up the next day. You can ring up and they give you the amount over the phone straight away, unlike macq where you have to wait 2 days then they forget to call you back and you have to chase them up.

Ok would cost just under $15k to get out now.
Guy on the phone worked out we would be paying around $4k extra if we stay on fixed and I guess we probably saved something similar by fixing when we did so at least there was some savings from fixing.
I dont see the point in spending $15k to save $10k so looks like we will stay as we are - unless I am missing something?

The upside is this is the only 1 of 3 loans which are fixed & PPOR is variable so we should be able to make some big savings there if we concentrate on reducing that.

Cheers
Stella

Back