What about Cheltenham for an investment property/

Am looking for an area that will experience consistent capital growth for my first investment property. What do investors think of Cheltenham in Melbourne? It has some good stock, is near public transport (bus and train), lots of schools and Westfield Southland. Beach is in the next suburb, easy 20km commute to CBD via Nepean Highway - so what holds investors back from this area? Love to hear your comments.

Just so you have a little more information ....I can provide the historical growth pattern of Cheltenham, Smartbuy:

Cheltenham: 1994 Median House Price was: $138,000.....2004 MHP: $369,555....Change of: 168%

The figures are from Victorian Valuer-General.

Just so you have a little more information ....I can provide the historical growth pattern of Cheltenham, Smartbuy:

Cheltenham: 1994 Median House Price was: $138,000.....2004 MHP: $369,555....Change of: 168%

The figures are from Victorian Valuer-General.

Our Obsession, you are always so wonderful generous

Cheltenham has peformed consistantly but not remarkably.

I'v owned properties in Cheltenham for many, many years. Never have trouble rneting them.

I guess it's not a "fashionable" suburb. People don't wake up in the morning saying "I want to live in Cheltenham" but it's got a lot going for it.

If you can afford the beach side of the highway it would be better

Back