What are the most THRILLSEEKER things you've done & what was it like?

As the thread title suggests, what are the heart-racing things you've done? Bungy-jumping? Skydiving? Base-jumping? Care to share your experiences? I haven't done any of these so just asking.

Like Alexlee said, borrowing lots of money, however I have also done a few others.

Many years ago I used to compete in Freeskating Pairs. This is done on Roller skates & is where the boy lifts the girl above his head, while he travels down the floor rotating at a fast speed. We used to also do throw jumps, where the boy throws the girl, while she rotates in the air & lands on one foot. Of course there is more to this than that & is very physically demanding.

I'm more sedate these days & compete in Dance skating (ballroom on wheels) and Freedance (a more relaxed verion of Pairs with only small lifts & a dance focus - Torville & Dean style) & Original Dance (set rhythm with your own moves).

However, just to keep the adrenaline flowing Hubby has sent me hang gliding, paragliding & in a few weeks I am going up in a little airplane (not sure what it is called, as he booked it for me) that does all kinds of tricks at high speed.

Hang gliding in Rio Brazil. I did it tandem with an instructor. It was terrifying at the beginning, and then I truly enjoyed the experience. Landed on a beach, no dramas there.
Another adrenaline type of situation was going on a Favelas tour in Rio.
Favelas are shanty towns in Rio, usually run by drug lords with some gun fights on some days.
I had a 19 yo guide who lived in the favelas and did not speak English.
I did not feel too secure, however I lived to tell the tale and it was an eye opener to walk thorugh the very poor and dangerous part of Rio.
This experience made me grateful of my own life and be appreciative of little things in life.

And lastly, 4 wheel driving off road and on beaches. Getting bogged in high sand can be thrilling. Even more thrilling is digging yourself out of the bog, or being towed out.
But the biggest rush of adrenaline is when I actually make it without getting bogged and getting to my destination.
I love the outdoors.

Cheers.
GMG.

Years and years ago, in another life, when I was a crazy reckless young guy, I answered 'yes' to the question: 'Does my bum look big in this?'
Scott

Sheesh, that really is dangerous.:eek: I have no compassion for you, you should have know better. Hope you have learnt your lesson.:D

Scuba diving with grey nurse sharks - they are not dangerous but it was still scarey because they have been known to bite every now and then.

Also trading a large GBPUSD order during non-farm payrolls - yikes!

Being a grain grower is thrilling. Especially now the stakes are higher. I will have to spend over 800 K to plant this years winter and summer crops. In theory I could make no return, although unlikely, or a couple million gross if things went perfectly, depending on prices and weather.

I have done a free fall skydive course. Free fell for 40 seconds with a couple blokes holding me from the sides.

I hang glided for a few years, both on the coast and inland.

Bungy jumped.

I still race motocross, but since I'm old and fat, I race in the old and fat blokes class. [over 35's]

See ya's.

Parasailing, gliding and I am a hobby beekeeper. The bee keeping is interesting as I used to almost get a terminal reaction from stings.:) Oh well gotta go one day!

skydived for my birthday a few years back. all i can recall of the experience was ... sky ... ground ... sky .... ground .... sky .... ground - as i spun over and over.

and also thinking "please make it stop".

A few:

* Scuba dived with Grey Nurses in their breeding ground off Maroubra.

* Did a full free fall skydiving course in England when I lived there.

* Abseiled off the Sydney Harbour Bridge into the water and swam ashore.

* Canyoned through several canyons in the Blue Mountains including abseiling water falls and rafting rivers.

* Walking safari in Africa with a ranger with a bloody big gun. Apparently the water buffalos are the biggest threat, go figure!

* Speliology in my younger years. Caves all over Australia including Jenolan. Actually found some new system in Spider cave which was through a tight rockfall that the other guys couldn't fit through. Nice bit of new freatic tube.

* A few offshore sailing races, and aiming to do Hobart this year on a 43 footer.

* Hiked the Kokoda Track through PNG over the Owen Stanley ranges.

* 15 years in the Artillery in the Aus Army Reserves calling in live artillery fire overhead.

* Barracked for Germany live in the final match of Euro '96 whilst in a pub in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in the North East of England filled to the brim with the local Geordies! :eek: England lost and a lot of BMWs got trashed in London, somehow I survived... ;)

That's about it. Probably missed a couple... ;)

Cheers,
Michael.

I'm reluctant to say so in case there's a pilot on the forum who can WAY top me (maybe knowing more fighter pilots than most, the chances of that are much smaller than I perceive)... anyway, I've been a passenger in an F/A-18. That was pretty unusual. Went up to 55K (that's thousand feet, BTW, nothing to do with dollars :p), went upside down, pulled a few G, turned and burned in a practise dogfight (2v2) etc, and best of all, didn't throw up. :D (Though I was glad the flight didn't go for 5 minutes longer.)

ex navy so have been in a few hairy situations.

absailed off the harbour bridge pilon (90feet)

on station in the gulf when buzzed by two Iraqi fighters only 50 feet or so above deck - was a show of aggression and we **** ourselves as we didn't see them coming (all radars were down at that time)

went to action stations in the Gulf (highest state of readiness) for about an hour as an Iraqi patrol boat adopted an aggressive stance (guns pointed in our direction and their target indication radar on) towards us 1000 yards off our bow. they ignorged our warnings to piss off but eventually backed down.

action stations in the gulf again when the twin towers were destroyed. we were alongside in bahrain at a huge american base when the alarms sounded. i was half drunk, in heals and a mini skirt, stumbling down the wharf trying to get to my ship as fast as I could (quite a funny site looking back on it but very scary at the time) US inteligence had sent us reports saying that we were at war - ****!

and the most scary of all.... went bush with a bunch of soldiers on a team building weekend in canberra. I could not stand sleeping on the ground with all those spiders and snakes, it was crazy and so are the army!

Happy

Ahhhh Tracey.... but did you join the mile high club????

And happy.. I got a bit worried about the heels and mini skirt bit, but I looked at your profile and now realise you are a "she", so that's okay :)

And just quietly, I now realise what a staid, safe life I lead :)

Signed an unconditional cash contract to purchase an office block in the city without a skerrick of finance approval. Hanging it out there to have it chopped off doesn't even come close to describing how I felt during that 2 week period prior to approvals coming through.....

Ahhhh Tracey.... but did you join the mile high club????
f18c_cp.jpg

I'm not THAT flexible!!!! :eek:

PS happy and Michael, good to see tri-service representation here! happy, I'm going to have difficulty thinking of 9/11 now, without imagining you giggling in your mini-skirt and heels, desperately trying to sober up and be serious!

ozperp, you make me laugh!

to be honest I was **** scared but it is funny looking back. It's incredible how fast you sober up.

Happy:)

War stories...

Ah, now you've got me reminiscing, happy and Michael... About 15 years ago, a bunch of us were on a joint exercise with a foreign country who are friendly to our nation, but known to be aggressive intelligence-gatherers. We were out bush in the NT with some military equipment, some of our "friends" were camping nearby, and we were told to be wary that our friends may try and get a good look at our equipment if they had a chance.

A bunch of people are drinking around the campfire (not on duty, obviously), and a bograt (junior officer) and a young airwoman are making eyes at each other around the campfire, and conspicuously yawn and say they're hitting the rack (sorry, going to bed - happy knows what I'm talking about ;)) about 5 minutes apart, at the late hour of about 8pm. They were very subtle - NOT :rolleyes:

About an hour later the other silly buggers have had a few more beers and decide that they'll go down outside the tent where these two have retreated, and pretend to be our "friends" - why? Because when you've had a few beers this seems like an incredibly funny thing to do. And hey, they're sitting in the desert for weeks with no entertainment other than what they make for themselves. So they go down to the vicinity of the tent, and imitate the accent of these people - undoubtedly badly given how many beers they'd had. :D

So they're staggering about, badly imitating this particular accent, giggling at how funny they are and how much they amuse themselves, when suddenly an unanticipated turn of events occurs... the bograt bursts out of the tent, wearing only his issue Y-fronts and bearing a Steyr (rifle), and screams at the top of his voice "FREEZE, GENTLEMEN!"

There was a moment of stunned silence before the entire lot of them absolutely collapsed, writhing on the ground and holding their sides... Ah, those were the days...

Back