What bargains did you pick up in the sale?

My Sister in Law did up a resume here the other day. She actually wrote 'shopping' down as her main interest. Guess it makes for a reliable employee. Have to keep making those Credit card payments with something.:rolleyes:

Lou

lol..at least she was honest

Would the three of you agree that the lack of a "shopping gene" is a key ingredient to being a successful property investor for a female ??

I've noticed that all 3 of you ladies seem to be the PI driving force behind your marriages.....not necessarily on the income generation side of things.....but you all seem to be the ones doing the research and legwork for the PI business.

Good onya.

Interesting question, Daz.

I agree, like Wylie does, that the lack of 'shopping gene' is an important ingredient of successful IP investing, - but I think there are usually other factors that kick in, too. Motivation - or why you do it - being an important one, for me at least.

Several years ago I was looking at returning to complete the final year of an accounting/finance degree when I realised that I was totally 'over' regurgitating rubbish that had little relevance to the real world in order to get a 'tick in the box' - and also realised that I had no desire to work in that sort of an environment.

I wanted to be involved with something that I really enjoyed doing - something flexible that I could immerse myself in - or ignore - and that fitted in with our crazy lifestyle. And something that was not only a learning opportunity for me, but relevant to what we wanted to do and where we wanted to be. I had always been interested in property, so ...

As far as doing all the research and legwork goes, it's something I really enjoy. Hubby has little time at home - and would prefer to be out on the golf course when he is! :rolleyes: He is happy to sign the cheques just as long as the 'Asset' column of the Balance Sheet continues to increase in value!

Cheers
LynnH

I'm another without the "shopping gene". I hate buying things for the sake of buying something, although I am one to look very hard to find the "best" price for something that needs to be bought.

I will admit to buying up heavy on Christmas wrapping paper & cards one year that were discounted to a rediculous price. I bought so much that I haven't bought any for around 3 years now & still have plenty left for next year.:D

When I was younger I used to enjoy shopping, but I think all joy went with having children who expect you to buy something for them at every opportunity, so I stopped going to the shops. They have to beg me to get me to go with them now. I even hate going food shopping with my family because they always put things into the trolley that I don't normally buy. Food always costs twice as much when I have "helpers".

When I was younger I used to enjoy shopping, but I think all joy went with having children who expect you to buy something for them at every opportunity, so I stopped going to the shops. They have to beg me to get me to go with them now. I even hate going food shopping with my family because they always put things into the trolley that I don't normally buy. Food always costs twice as much when I have "helpers".

I have so much to look forward to :rolleyes:

My baby Josh hates it when I go to clothing stores...he will screan and cry and the whole shopping experience is just so tiring and stressful. He must take after his dad.

I also get stuck at the toy section for ages and when I say it' stime to go...another tantrum.

Yep, same here. What about those people that buy Christmas decorations on Boxing Day for the following year. I don't know whether to admire their forethought, or seriously question their motives. :p

Phil :)

If I did that, come Christmas time I would have forgotten where I had stored them! I think they are quite tragic, actually.

Seriously, if you cant afford to 'splurge' for two rolls of wrapping for $5 each November/December, then maybe you shouldnt be thinking of buying others presents? Either that, or you must have a gross load of presents to buy, in which case the same applies!:p

I have shopping binges! I do my splurge, then am satisfied for a good few months. Except for shopping in Hong Kong - I can never get enough!

My baby Josh hates it when I go to clothing stores...he will screan and cry and the whole shopping experience is just so tiring and stressful. He must take after his dad.
Mine used to hate it too, but since both are female, clothes is their favorite these days.:rolleyes:

Seriously, if you cant afford to 'splurge' for two rolls of wrapping for $5 each November/December, then maybe you shouldnt be thinking of buying others presents? Either that, or you must have a gross load of presents to buy, in which case the same applies!:p

I use considerably more than 2 rolls of paper. The year that I bought all the "extras", the price I got them for was something like 25c per roll of 5mtrs. I think they came from Go Lo when they ordered much too much one year, so I reaped the benefit. Found out about it courtesy of my eldest child who worked there.:D

I buy clothes without trying on now. Last time I tried things on with 2y.o and 3 y.o in the change room they shouted things like, 'Wobby ya bum, Mum' and 'Hey, what you got your boobies out for, put them away!':eek:.

Louise

Out of the mouths of babes!!! Our children sure do know how to embarrass us at the most inappropriate times, don't they. :eek:

Cheers
LynnH

And couldn't they put some pink tinged fluros in the fitting room lights so that we at least look like we might have a hint of a tan?

What sale? :D

Will pick up 1/2 price ornaments for gifts at Christmas 08 and wrapping paper 1/2 price.

For Christmas I got a gift voucher for Big W so I can get a sports bra when there is a sale. Ditto Priceline so I can buy a lipstick or foundation when they are on sale.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Bought a Simpson Drier from Harvey Norman's in Rotorua for NZ$299. Reduced from $419, so am happy with the price.

The wife seems happy with the drier.

Regards

Back