What car is this? And tenancy question

Hello,

Excuse my car cluelessness but does anyone know what make/model the car pictured is and the rough value (unregistered)?

It was left behind by our tenant who was forcefully evicted by the police and sheriff. They also conveniently caused a few thousands of dollars damage. Am I within my rights to sell the car (if not claimed within 4 days, as per legal limit) to partially pay for the repairs/cleaning?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 348
I have a guess
2002 (or earlier) VY Holden commodore?

Don't know if you are allowed to sell it. If you can prob $500 at the wreckers.

According to what I've read, you're allowed to pocket money to cover loss of rent for the two weeks it's there and expenses related to getting rid of it. So $500 would cover that perfectly. We're not obliged to store it indefinitely, right? I've only seen that mentioned for photos and personal documents like passport, birth certificates, etc.

Check with the law in your locality. There are usually set time frames before disposing of goods left behind by a tenant.
Marg

You could ask a wrecker to value it in writing. I'd go with commodore.
Valuation would help as most abandoned goods legislation has $ limits to be aware of.
Good luck
Cheers
crest133

It was left behind by our tenant who was forcefully evicted by the police and sheriff. They also conveniently caused a few thousands of dollars damage.

Geeze you've had a tough run with this IP Cimbom. I really hope the next tenant works out for you - all the best :)

Cheers

Jamie

VT or VX commodore. Cant tell which without the missing centre piece (VT had coloured plastic infill on boot lid, VX had metal).

VY went to the angular rear end as did VZ.

I've got a VT series 1, acclaim. 3.8 V6. It's a dream car. Electric drivers seat...Yeeha. $1500 private sale will get you one with a couple months rego.

Well double thumbs up Jim. 17 years on and that electric seat still works fine! Probally not used all that often, unlike the drivers door handle and blinker stalk which have carked it. And ain't those generic parts crap..you got to file em down to make em fit!

Football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars!

I still don't understand how people managed to make the decision to put in $20k (2, 3 yr old Commodore) to buy a rectangular box.

Mate, you have not lived till you have owned one.

Get one wither letters SS on the side. Have a look inside, see the dash, the seats...oohh, the bogan in me is coming back out!

Hello,

Excuse my car cluelessness but does anyone know what make/model the car pictured is and the rough value (unregistered)?

It was left behind by our tenant who was forcefully evicted by the police and sheriff. They also conveniently caused a few thousands of dollars damage. Am I within my rights to sell the car (if not claimed within 4 days, as per legal limit) to partially pay for the repairs/cleaning?

Thanks
When considering the likely contenders for the "car wreck in front yard" end of humanity, the only cars which will qualify are Conformadore, and Falcodore,

Occasionally you might get a try-hard who has a Skyline, or maybe a Lancer, or if they are really at the bottom end - a Magna.
:D

It amazes me how these blokes just keep on shelling' out for shoit boxes; spending good money after bad their whole lives.

They spend their whole time running round doing wheeling and dealing deals on a total waste of time.

We get 'em in the workshop all the time, and I feel like saying "dude; give it up - you are never gunna get your very limited supply of money back". :rolleyes:

Usually gettin' the car fixed just before headin' down to get a bit more ink done. Pffft.

BayView, these people are your bread and butter. Without them, you'll probally get some poof in an Alpha complaining the car doesn't smell right or the light knob is a little slippery lol.

BayView, these people are your bread and butter. Without them, you'll probally get some poof in an Alpha complaining the car doesn't smell right or the light knob is a little slippery lol.
Actually, they're not because their cars often cost more to fix than they are worth, so they can't afford the work, and end up wasting everyone's time.

A few do spend the dough of course.

The good thing about the "Alpha poof" as you so eloquently put it, is he/she is more likely to not whine about the cost of the bottom end tyres; they are more willing to spend a few dollars more and buy the decent ones and not "nickel and dime" you and "step toe" the hell out of you like the bogans do.

They are cheap-@rse and pathetic most times.

They'll happily spend a few grand on a stupid looking bit of ink, but grizzle at the cost of a Gung-lung 235/45/17 for the VX.

Back