What car is this? And tenancy question

Get one wither letters SS on the side. Have a look inside, see the dash, the seats...oohh, the bogan in me is coming back out!

I've had a couple of those, a VY SS in the past and now have a VE SSV. Bogan or not both have been great cars.

You must be right. Sold my VR for $700 a couple of years ago.
Was it a pile of shoit when you passed it on to some other poor unsuspecting sod? :D

They usually are.

VR- very rooted. ;)

Our year for "Below the Yellow Line" in my workshop is 2000 these days...VR's easily "qualify for elimination"...:eek:

Well double thumbs up Jim. 17 years on and that electric seat still works fine! Probally not used all that often, unlike the drivers door handle and blinker stalk which have carked it. And ain't those generic parts crap..you got to file em down to make em fit!

My first car was a VT II, and I loved that thing. Same problems as you, the bloody blinker stalk and door handles went.

The real problem was I was driving around with 2 engine mount bolts sheared clean off for 2+ years, so just had 1 holding the block up apparently. Could have gone at any time. Then the brake lines got a contaminant in them and the whole brake system seized up. And I went through 3 radiator bottles in 6 years. Eventually there was a problem with the thermostat and I cooked the engine.

Good times. I did love that car.

Looks to be a VT and very reliable!

Had a VT V6 supercharged n upgraded,but side swiped n totalled by 3 cars,1st day on the job :eek:.Downgraded to a exec vt.

Will upgrade when company car and i r redundant!~

CC 120k service in next few days .

Highly recommend toyota yaris for bang for the buck re:km's,it keeps on going:)

Cheers Spades.

Last edited:
Was it a pile of shoit when you passed it on to some other poor unsuspecting sod? :D

They usually are.

VR- very rooted. ;)

Our year for "Below the Yellow Line" in my workshop is 2000 these days...VR's easily "qualify for elimination"...:eek:

The transmission was a sorry state of affairs but I was totally honest about it. The guys around here seem to be able to fix anything. The guy who bought it was madly in-love with it but didn't have a license or rego andgot caught driving it 200m.. It got on-sold again. There were quite a few interesteds.
The transmission was the only problem - apart from the ceiling cloth :rolleyes:

Back