what compensation can be asked re rent for disrepair and leaks.

An apartment for a year has hand endless problems with leaks, floods, carpet all wet, belongings wet and ruined such as bed and mattress, walls saturated, windows falling out of rotten window frames,

The owner has done very little besides fix roof gutters and now a year later after 2 years of floods whenever it rains, they have started to try to fix the shower to stop the leaking ( despite from the begining being told it was coming from the shower but they werent believing it
but they cant finish the shower as the walls are saturated, and they are saying they want the walls to dry naturally instead of getting the machine in to dry the walls,
so i havent had a working shower for 10 days.

Toilet was leaking for 2 months, landlord tried to blame me saying you should have told us right away this is all your fault, when they were always told right away.

Painter came in to paint over saturated walls and we called landlord as a day later it was all mouldy.
( many walls are mouldy)
painter also used tenants expensive vacuum cleaner to vacuum damp stuff that says clearly in manual that wet items vacuumed and builders dust will damage the motor, which is the case for most vacuums for decades but now i'm being asked by the landlord for emails of proof of the manual when this info is known for all vacuums unless specified that you can vacuum wetness. I"m also being asked for a letter from where i purchased the vacuum that they wont replace or refund it because of the way it was used.

I would be getting onto the tenants union or at least calling the RTA. I would be finding out how to get out of this lease (sounds easy - it can probably be called "uninhabitable"), get it confirmed by the RTA, move out and move on.

Certainly, try to get something for your vacuum cleaner, but first things first, get out of the situation, out of the house, out of the lease, but call the RTA first and do it "by the rules".

An apartment for a year has hand endless problems with leaks, floods, carpet all wet, belongings wet and ruined such as bed and mattress, walls saturated, windows falling out of rotten window frames,

The owner has done very little besides fix roof gutters and now a year later after 2 years of floods whenever it rains, they have started to try to fix the shower to stop the leaking ( despite from the begining being told it was coming from the shower but they werent believing it
but they cant finish the shower as the walls are saturated, and they are saying they want the walls to dry naturally instead of getting the machine in to dry the walls,
so i havent had a working shower for 10 days.

Toilet was leaking for 2 months, landlord tried to blame me saying you should have told us right away this is all your fault, when they were always told right away.

Painter came in to paint over saturated walls and we called landlord as a day later it was all mouldy.
( many walls are mouldy)
painter also used tenants expensive vacuum cleaner to vacuum damp stuff that says clearly in manual that wet items vacuumed and builders dust will damage the motor, which is the case for most vacuums for decades but now i'm being asked by the landlord for emails of proof of the manual when this info is known for all vacuums unless specified that you can vacuum wetness. I"m also being asked for a letter from where i purchased the vacuum that they wont replace or refund it because of the way it was used.
I take it this a private rental management set-up,you have all the links from the other posts,or you can stick the spanners right into them,and open the doors for others to look at them like the ATO,Insurance Company
various doors open when you know how to complain regardless of the outcome..good luck..
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/

THANK you for the links and advice

I know this may sound stupid dont want to get out of the agreement as its a good apartment if the problems are fixed,

but the hell i've had for 2 years has lost me jobs and taking a huge toll.

the vacuum was an expensive one

and even though i have not stopped rent being paid, it does seem very wrong that they take rent while putting me through hell and that their immediate response is always to try to blame me instead of treat me fairly and fix things that are emergency repairs and uninhabitable.

Back