What do you Drive?

2002 / 3 Toyota Corolla almost 110,000 km. Survivor of two crashes. Very fuel inefficient. Very unsafe.

If it survived 2 crashes and was not written off and you are still alive, would that not mean it was safe rather than unsafe?

Perhaps you need to install CCTV cameras in your car to capture other drivers who crash into you? :D

Public transport for the last 16 years, no need for a car in London or Zurich, cheaper to rent one occasionally. In Spain I borrow an 800cc Daewoo Matiz, 0-100 in 17 seconds.

If it survived 2 crashes and was not written off and you are still alive, would that not mean it was safe rather than unsafe?

Perhaps you need to install CCTV cameras in your car to capture other drivers who crash into you? :D

Unsafe compared to modern cars. Zero star ANCAP rating. And actually, I crashed into someone's back end as I was not concentrating and playing with my radio.

LOL My wife did 5023k in her car in 2013 :D

Don't laugh.....I have an MY11 Subaru Forester XT, nearly 3 years old, and haven't reached 20,000k's in it yet. I know it's damn embarrassing, so don't tell anyone else.
Love the car, though, and ticks all the boxes...fun to drive, safe for the grandkids, recommend it to anyone.
Amy

Too many stresses in my life currently and in the past few months. Best not let staff seeing unpopular boss drive flash car.
Then get a safe unflash car. You don't really need a Merc or BMW. A Toyota or Hyundai will do fine.

Hyundai i30 had a 5 star ANCAP in 2012. There's quite a few with 5 star.

Mine - 2012 V8 turbo Toyota landcruiser workmate
His - 2001 straight 6 Toyota Landcruiser troopcarrier.

Both required due to towing/businesses

Don't laugh.....I have an MY11 Subaru Forester XT, nearly 3 years old, and haven't reached 20,000k's in it yet. I know it's damn embarrassing, so don't tell anyone else.

I wish I could say the same thing! My 2.5 year old Suzuki Swift has nearly 80,000k's on it. :eek:

It's been a great car but when the lease runs out in 6 months I plan to get my forever car which will be a decked out Jeep Wrangler which will be much more suited to my lifestyle.

I've got a Buddy who works in the Car Industry.
Gets to take home all the cool cars, got to drive a brand new 100k Jag last night.
Last week it was an BMW x6 M6

2 door commodore here - couldn't afford the extra doors.

Also have a '88 maverick (nissan patrol) - currently running, but that won't last! :p

Sometimes a V8 1977 Statesman Deville 308. Only driven to church on Sundays of course.

Shag pile carpet
Fancy fabric for seats (Velour?)
AM radio with four speakers
Air conditioning unit the size of a corolla engine
Electric windows!
Boot that can fit a double bed

It's like driving a lounge room and just as comfortable.

Very impressive 22+ litres / 100km around town. Much much better on the highway. A few years ago I did a Paddington to Paddington and back to Paddington trip on just over two tanks of fuel.

A 2003 Daihatshu Sirion. Bought 3 years ago for just 2300! Fuel efficient. And a Ford Falcon 2002 ute to visit Bunnings.

Back