What do you Drive?

Family car is a diesel Toyota prado 4x4. Love the prados and the 4 cylinder diesel motor in them is amazing. Work ute is a diesel Toyota landcruiser.

Also have a KTM 990 for a road bike and numerous other dirtbikes.

See ya's.

Have a good ford falcon sedan as a family car and a for a ute have a diesel land cruiser .

Could really use a much better family car but have resisted the urge so far .

2008 Toyota Corolla ... it's amazing what you can pack into one of those ... hubby has a 2009 Pajero Diesel4x4 for pulling the horse float :D

2007 Ford Falcon Wagon on Gas ("The Silver Surfer").

Want to downgrade to a small car but I do love the flexibility of being able to chuck just about anything I need in it! Will do a Cost Benefit Analysis when I move in to the inner city to see if I can give a car a flick altogether and rely on the car rental services.

A 23 year old 1.6L external storage device worth about $1-1.5k. It's in great mechanical condition and fits plenty of surplus possessions. Aesthetically, it's turdlike.

I do about 1600km a year.

The rest, I cycle.

Not planning on replacing it until it's dead.

Two of my girlfriends drive Mercedes and financially I could afford to buy one too. But do you know what? I have absolutely zero interest in owning one. I have to buy another car in the next 6mths, but would prefer one I can fit renovating stuff in. Need a station wagon to fit paintings and renovating stuff in but need good mileage as I have to travel distances to see my daughter. Sold my Toyota Celica which was the most sensational car and could fit loads in the hatchback. What to buy next? The Forester sounds good.

Oh yeah Celica - the new tradies car!

. I have to buy another car in the next 6mths, but would prefer one I can fit renovating stuff in. Need a station wagon to fit paintings and renovating stuff in but need good mileage as I have to travel distances to see my daughter. Sold my Toyota Celica which was the most sensational car and could fit loads in the hatchback. What to buy next? The Forester sounds good.

You could go for another Celica? No..?

You could go for another Celica? No..?

I had to move a bunch of stuff for work recently, ladders, wheelbarrows, witches hats and the like. Got it all in to the station wagon in one trip, but I bet if I'd had the old '95 Lancer I could have fit even more in. Magical vehicle, that little beast.

Turbo Diesel Territory...Oh Yeah

Current drive car is a 2011 Turbo Diesel Territory which my son/business partner bought brand new late 2011. He is waiting delivery of a new FalconXR6Turbo and I seem to have acquired the Territory.

Took a few weeks to warm to the Territory after driving the WM Caprice, but now I absolutely love it. Drives like a luxury car, has a large load area - especially with seats folded down, and will tow a car trailer easily.

Cannot believe how economical it is. 9.2l/100klm in the city without trying to drive economically. Towed the fully loaded car trailer from Adelaide to Millicent a couple of weeks back and achieved 9.4l/100klm. Today I made the same trip without a trailer and it only used 8.0l/100klm.

Has travelled 38,000klm now and has not missed a beat.

Here is a photo of the Territory as it left for a trip to Newcastle and back towing my son`s 69 Mach1 -

For anybody needing a station wagon but do not wish to pay a lot of money, I believe the best value for money right now would be a BF Falcon Wagon which are selling at the auctions for around 5.5k. A lot of car for not much money.

Stangman.

2007 Ford Falcon Wagon on Gas ("The Silver Surfer").

Want to downgrade to a small car but I do love the flexibility of being able to chuck just about anything I need in it! Will do a Cost Benefit Analysis when I move in to the inner city to see if I can give a car a flick altogether and rely on the car rental services.

A mate of mine did this, got rid of his car altogether when living inner city and just hired one when he needed to.

His only gripe was taking grocery shopping bags on the bus.

1962 Karmann Ghia which I have had for a month
2012 Mazda CX9 2yrs old and 19k on the clock. On lease for one more year
2011 Giant Avail Advanced (my pretty road bike)

Two of my girlfriends drive Mercedes and financially I could afford to buy one too. But do you know what? I have absolutely zero interest in owning one. I have to buy another car in the next 6mths, but would prefer one I can fit renovating stuff in. Need a station wagon to fit paintings and renovating stuff in but need good mileage as I have to travel distances to see my daughter. Sold my Toyota Celica which was the most sensational car and could fit loads in the hatchback. What to buy next? The Forester sounds good.

The mercedes CLS shooting brake model can fit more stuff than the forester.

Back