What happens during a recession????

Leo

Buying at the right price/under market value, developing, cashflow + etc. are great strategies, however its impossible to know how far a market will fall in a bust cycle regardless. There are no guarantees not even with blue chip (another myth), when the market crashes we can and have seen falls of up to 40% in Australia.
Agree mate. I guess I just don't factor in a major crash like that into my maths. If it happens it happens and ill deal with it. I'm also not particularly worried as my LVR is low.

If you are mitigating the risk with strategies mentioned, great, however, I would not disregard ever selling as another strategy to move forward and reduce debt. I have learnt the hard way, from experience.
Fair enough mate. If it works for you then that's all that matters ;)

Leo

MTR:)[/QUOTE

I think there's also cautious investing . We've geared up heavily on two occasions and on both occasions started cashing out well before what we thought was the peak . Our previous sell off enabled us to be cash buyers when the GFC hit and our recent sale put us to a much stronger position , so if we want we can make further purchases out side Sydney without overexposing our selves.

Cliff

Hey see change (the REAL see change),

Sounds like its worked well for you, and like I said in an earlier post good on you mate.

Cheers

Leo

Hi Leo

While you may consider investing in different places at relatively close time frames as going though different cycles , I'd probably disagree with you .

The big variables are the economic / financial ones and those are generally Australian wide and these tend to have a greater variation , rather than state to state . In the last cycle , we had a PPOR and commercial property in Sydney , and investments in Logan , rocky , Townsville and Hobart and all of those investments followed a similar pattern .

This cycle has been different , in particular in Sydney to last one .

Cliff

HI Cliff,

Hmm.. I am not sure I really agree with you as my experience has been a little different. But I respect your opinion.

Regardless you have done very well!

Cheers

Leo

mate at the moment, there is someone in the chartroom pretending to be you!! talked to me for 20 mins! I am massively annoyed!! I am contemplating leaving this place.

Leo

Not me

Haven't been there for 2-3 months .

But seriously , if you want to be a long term successful investor , you'll need a thicker skin if something like that annoyed you .

Cliff

Not me

Haven't been there for 2-3 months .

But seriously , if you want to be a long term successful investor , you'll need a thicker skin if something like that annoyed you .

Cliff

Hey see change,

I just am not used to being in an environment where someone pretends to be someone else and asks all kinds of questions. Maybe i'm little naive vto on line dangers, it has nothing to do with thick skin or not. With regards to being a long term successful poster here, its not a priority. When I stop enjoying being somewhere, ill just move on. there are some great folk here though.

Cheers

Leo

Not going to get you anywhere acting like that Leo,just start walking slower..

Willair I don't know what you mean buy that, but lets see how you feel when someone takes someone else identity and talks to you for 30 mins about some personal stuff. See how you like it.

Leo

Willair I don't know what you mean buy that, but lets see how you feel when someone takes someone else identity and talk to you for 30 mins about some personal stuff. See how you like it.

Leo
Why talk about personal stuff in a chat room some good people are in that chat room each day so you gotta start to read between the lines,and sometimes to me it seems that the most unsuccessful people are the ones that give the most advice particularly about financial matters,most people in this site and other equities I visit investing sites can see inbetween the lines and would not even waste their time talking to them,then you have Sim who has too fix up the mess,Sim has better things to do and they do it for free just think about that for a few seconds,and btw a slow walk can fix any problem that all I talking about if that upset you then I;m sorry....

You never know what you'll miss out on . The block of units I bought for 220 10 years ago are now returning over 800 / week , and that was from a chat room tip .

Cliff

Why talk about personal stuff in a chat room some good people are in that chat room each day so you gotta start to read between the lines,and sometimes to me it seems that the most unsuccessful people are the ones that give the most advice particularly about financial matters,most people in this site and other equities I visit investing sites can see inbetween the lines and would not even waste their time talking to them,then you have Sim who has too fix up the mess,Sim has better things to do and they do it for free just think about that for a few seconds,and btw a slow walk can fix any problem that all I talking about if that upset you then I;m sorry....

Willair,

I'm not gonna get into a you say this I say that match. You can believe as you like mate. To be honest I think its just a misunderstanding our last few posts. Not a biggie.

leo

wattleIdo
that's not fair, you just cant do that, you should fess up, was it u:p

No, not me. I've never even been to the chat room. And I'm only guessing who it is and could be very wrong.

Just goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you read. Not a good idea to put anyone on a pedestal - the whole thing could be BS.

Last edited:
Absolutely right Wattle.

Also if investors are prepared to go on a limb and share the nitty gritty then beware that the feedback will not always be positive and strategies may be challenged, so perhaps its best to adopt the FIFO model or just develop a thick skin and make sure you know what you are talking about;)

MTR:)

Last edited:
Back