What happens

If you build a new house, what happens with leftovers

What should you be left with for repairs or use elsewhere

I was thinking, bricks, tiles, pavers, etc

Some builders leave materials such as tiles and tins of paint for touch up repairs. Some clear the whole site.

You could put in your contract when you build that you want to keep left over materials such as these.

pinkboy

In my experience, using volume builders, the materials in the job have been assigned to that job and it is not worth their time to keep track of leftover quantities, store and reuse them. Because every client pays for the materials that have been measured and bought for their build, the builder doesn't see the value in utilising leftover materials.

A nice chat to the builder or supervisor will usually confirm that you can keep leftover materials.

In my experience, using volume builders, the materials in the job have been assigned to that job and it is not worth their time to keep track of leftover quantities, store and reuse them. Because every client pays for the materials that have been measured and bought for their build, the builder doesn't see the value in utilising leftover materials.

A nice chat to the builder or supervisor will usually confirm that you can keep leftover materials.

That's right, but on my builds there was not too much left over, some brick pavers but someone is costing the job and they need to come in close otherwise they may not be competitive.

However, you get to keep left over paint, left over tiles which makes sense.

Back