What is wrong with people!!!

I just received an email of an online petition from PETA. Not that I sign or forward these emails, but it linked to a video on the PETA site which was distressing to say the least!

I already contribute to an organisation which does a lot of work in China to free bears from the bile trade, so now how they can let animals suffer. That's distressing enough, but then to see how they get the fur from animals to supply the fur trade is honestly sickening.

I cannot comprehend why they would not kill the animals before they do what they do. What purpose can it possible serve?!! I cannot fathom how some people in this world can go about their daily lives and think nothing of it. To kill is one thing, to cause extra un-needed pain is a whole extra level. :mad:

Not that I recommend you watch it, it is very distressing, but if you do want to see it: http://www.peta.org/feat/chineseFurFarms/index.asp

Last edited:
Steve, some people will do what ever they want to, regardless of what others think. I remember as a child, I used to think older individuals knew better / were wiser etc. Now I am almost 40, I know this is not the case. Stupidity and cruelty appear to be the norm in our society. Sometimes I don't think we deserve to be on this planet. Very disappointing.

Phil

Steve, that's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. I'm not a PETA fan, actually - I think they use ridiculous tactics at times - but gosh, that's enough to make anybody understand their passion.

Even those who consider that it's acceptable to kill animals just for their fur couldn't possibly support such barbaric practises as skinning animals alive like this. As you say, it just seems like unnecessary brutality.

I'd like to see those people seriously prosecuted. :(

People who do harm to animals like in this video and and also children in particular need to be shot. I support the death penalty for some crimes. These people serve no purpose to society and shouldn't be allowed to live.
Makes me angry.

What a bunch of sad sick ****s

I thought I was pretty hard, but couldn't get through that video.

Hope someone shoves a knife up these guys **** and makes a hat or a lampshade out of them.

I saw a cooking show the other day with the same breed of mongrels cooking fish, by getting them out of the tank, holding them with tongs by the head and dipping the body in hot oil cooking them, the whole idea to serve them up still gasping as proof of freshness and then eating them alive.

GRRRRrrr, drop them in bloody boiling oil...... animals

Dave

Last edited:
I couldn't watch, after reading the preamble and what the helpless animals go through.

Who knows what sort of ego power play must be at work in the workers and organiser's minds. How strong they must feel to bludgeon and create suffering in helpless creatures.

There can be no justification for this and no benefit in skinning whilst the poor animal's heart continues to beat.

After reading the description, I couldn't watch the footage, either.
The Zen part of me says we are all part of the same energy and when we hurt others, we hurt ourselves.
At the same time, I feel like I want to be the one making a hat or lampshade out of one of these guys just because I can.
I don't get how people can behave like this. It's sick!

Not watching it either. Not going anywhere near it. But on the other hand, are practices like docking lamb's tails good either? I know, it is to stop them getting fly blown but that only occurs because we have bred them for wool. I hated in Vietnam watching crates of dogs because I knew where they were destined. And I had read of the manner of their despatch. I stuck to vegetables.

Cruetly to animals in western societies is an indicator of serious psychiatric disturbance in later life. I guess there is a difference between intent; whether to inflict pain or achieve a 'perfect result'.

And I wont wear fur, but maybe leather isnt much better.

There can be no justification for this and no benefit in skinning whilst the poor animal's heart continues to beat.
You're absolutely right, and unfortunately, it's probably even worse than you expect, Player. :( The poor animal shown first not only still has his heart beating, but appears to be fully conscious and still moving, after the skinning is complete. He doesn't even appear to be groggy, just in pain. :(

I'm really sorry to gross you out with detail, but I just want anybody who isn't up to watching to be left in no doubt, and appreciate that this is not remotely borderline... it's the most revolting, cruel, barbaric thing that I think I've ever seen. :mad:

Ozperp, you are a kind and gentle soul, how can you watch it and not be tortured by it. If I watch something like this it just rolls around in my mind forever!

I cannot watch something like this either. Being the animal lover that I am, it sickens me just to read of the horror these poor beasts endure. There really should be a severe punishment for anyone who contemplates cruelty like this, for what ever reason the perpetrator feels it is warranted. Not that I condone the fur trade or harvesting bile from bears, or any of the other disgusting practices, but if they do need to use the products of animals, surely they should have to uphold a humane way to end the poor creatures life BEFORE cutting etc is done.

Some races are crueler than others. You wouldn't see many caucasians doing anything like this, we are all naturally disgusted by it.

But do (and I dont know the nationality as I wont watch the video) these people do such acts because of the demands of the western markets that wear such products?

But do (and I dont know the nationality as I wont watch the video) these people do such acts because of the demands of the western markets that wear such products?

Even if that is the case, they should still be required to kill humanely, surely?

Of course, but for many reasons which I dont want to describe here, 'best' results are obtained if creatures are alive. I am wondering who defines 'best' - and if western society demands perfection then maybe they are 'catering' to western needs.

I saw a good doco yesterday about the WSPA rescuing bears from their cruel owners in Romania. Natalie Imbruglia was the host ;) Fortunately Romania brought in new legsilation in order to comply with their new E.U status.. its the only way the WSPA were able to make any headway... Unfortunately in China, they're a law unto their own.. :(

I thought I was pretty hard, but couldn't get through that video.

Likewise, the description was enough for me. I'm sure for the jaded fur farmers this is just like peeling vegetables.

I really like to avoid "Made in China" in any product I buy, not just fur but EVERYTHING but it's really hard some times when it's 1/10 the price. Even most stuff that's designed in Australia gets made there. (I'm sad to say I just bought a Chinese-made pram because it was $169 vs $550).

Out of curiosity I just checked the t-shirt I'm wearing but it's made in Korea. It must be the only one.

Back