What Property Investing Software do you use to record Expenses & Income?

I don't have access to Excel, but what sort of software do you use to keep track of your investments (rental expenses, income, etc)??? Trying to collate everything together now for tax time; & it's becoming very congested with paperwork everywhere. Happy to pay for good software - any recommendations?

You are not goint like my reply, but I've looked all over and the best one I've found was Excelaustralia

and yes it is an Excel based software but as I have used excel before I had no problems using it, it holds up to ten IP and the reporting look good:)

What Property Investing Software do you use to record Expenses & Income

You don't have access to Excel. There is OpenOffice it works just like
MS office. It is free to download and use. Comes in versions for all of the major OS's Windows, OSX, Solaris & Linux. Will even save in MS format

I don't have access to Excel, but what sort of software do you use to keep track of your investments (rental expenses, income, etc)??? Trying to collate everything together now for tax time; & it's becoming very congested with paperwork everywhere. Happy to pay for good software - any recommendations?

Wouldn't it be of better value to pay for MS Office or alternatively if you have Mac, Numbers instead of a paying for specific property investment software?

(I use Excel for Mac and a good scanner for the record).

I have just been through the exercise of finding good australian property acconting software. If you do a search there are a few demo versions that can be downloaded for free. I found most were ok, but did not do things the way I wanted, so I just made my own spreadsheet. I can enter all expenses and income on a single sheet for all properties each month and get a report for each property and a total financial position report at any time.
I would suggest getting excel or open office and designing your own.
Good luck,
Phil

You are not goint like my reply, but I've looked all over and the best one I've found was Excelaustralia

and yes it is an Excel based software but as I have used excel before I had no problems using it, it holds up to ten IP and the reporting look good:)

Love the product, hate the subscription model.

$150 initial purchase, then $99 every year after that.

I understand the tax law changes each year, but not $99 worth to me. Most years there is bugger all change.

I think the cost of the update should reflect the size of the change. Anything above say $30 for a 'nil change' year and I'll just make my own custom Excel spreadsheet.

I have been using Property Manager Pro for quite a few years now.

It is extremely good and does everything the professional investor needs for recording property details right across your portfolio.

At the end of the year simply print off a report for your accountant.

Last edited:
Just but Property Pro, cost 100 bucks, will definately save you more that 4 hrs messing around with excel spreadsheets and if you don't like it bin it. It works good for me and I put myself (PAYE) in as a property.
Regards Bushy

I have been using Property Manager Pro for quite a few years now.

It is extremely good and does everything the professional investor needs for recording property details right across your portfolio.

At the end of the year simply print off a report for your accountant.

Rixter does Property Manager Pro roll into the new FY or do you have to re-enter all ip info?
I have checked their website but there is no demo and only a few pics of how its layed out. Not helpful at all.I am going to HN today to have a look and see if they have an in store demo.

I have used Excelaustralia for the last few years but l have had so many gliches with it and l cannot justify $99 per year when l dont use alot of the extras in the program. The tax side of it is all very well if you have a very very straight forward income and expense. It started off ok but its been stuffed up now. I also hate how if you dont pay up your yearly membership on time the programe is locked. Real handy.....
cheers
yadreamin

Rixter does Property Manager Pro roll into the new FY or do you have to re-enter all ip info?
I have checked their website but there is no demo and only a few pics of how its layed out. Not helpful at all.I am going to HN today to have a look and see if they have an in store demo.

Yada, yes all the info you enter into PMPro stays on the database for ever....when it comes tax time you simply plug in what tax year (current or past) you need your reports and/or graphs for and it will generate it all for you. You can also plug in what ever dates you want to search between.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rixter thats just what l needed to know. I went to HN but they couldnt help answer any questions at all. I will go back there tomorrow and see if l can get a good discount from the $99 shelf price.
One other question
why would you print off reports for your accountant? why not just give him a disc [copy]?
cheers yadreamin

Back