What size is my unit?

When I bought my unit there was a plan of each floor with unit sizes but it is not in the paperwork now.

How do I find out how big it is?

I'm going to get a LOC on it to buy more property but need to know the size as it's under 50sq.

The strata manager is hopeless so I'm hoping that's not the only answer.
Thanks.

The size is on the strata plan in your contract of sale if you can not locate it you can always messure yourself.

For example:

Lounge 3m x 5m = 15m2
Kitchen 4m x 2.5m = 10m2
Bath 2m x 2.5m = 5m2
bed 1 4m x 3m = 12m2
bed 2 3.5m x 3.5m = 12.25m2
Balcony 1.5m x 3m = 4.4m2
parking 6m x 3m = 18m2

Add all together will give size - in this case 76.65m2

Determining Strata Areas

For a residential unit you Strata Plan is your official area, as far as your financier is concerned (even though if you look closely at the Strata Plan you will notice that areas are “approximate only”).

If it’s an old Strata (& some new Stratas) it may show the area with a squiggly line (venicular) onto the balcony. This means the internal area shown includes the balcony.

Most banks do not like funding units under 50sqm so keep this in mind when purchasing. There is not much point in measuring the area your self, as banks usually want proof.

To purchase a copy of your Strata Plan if you haven’t got one can be done on line at LPI / Dept of Lands website using a credit card.

This is usually not a Strata Managers issue, though you would expect the Strata Manager has a copy of the Strata Plan & the By-Laws.

For Commercial Property Stratas never use the Strata Area. GLA- Gross Lettable Area / NLA – Net Lettable Area are standard. And they are determined under guidelines by a competent surveyor.

Philip

Philip Thomas said:
There is not much point in measuring the area your self, as banks usually want proof.

Gotta love banks thinking.

"its precisesly 55.253 sqm"

"The strata papers state approx 49sqm, Thank you, come again"

:rolleyes:

Back