What software do you use to track everything?

What software do you use to track everything?

• MYOB

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Quicken

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Excel

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • MoneyBeans

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Property Manager Pro

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Posh

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Pen & Paper

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Other Software

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to find out what % of people use what software for thier investment properties.

Seems something that would likely have been posted before, but I cant find it anywhere??

Thanks

Grant

Last edited:
Hmmm I should probably add a few more boxes to the above survey to include-

Pen & Paper...
Other software...

Can I add these now? Also can I edit the title?

Any other software I should add thats not to obscure?

Thanks
Grant

I've added the extra options into the poll Grant.

Let one of the mods know if you'd like the title of the thread changed.

Ruby :)

I Use Quicken and excel for some tasks

IMHO Cant in fairness compare them though as excel would be the most exciting software ever made but it is really only as good as the person designing the particular spreadshet.

Quicken, myob etc in contrast are ready to go "suites" of ready made inputs and outputs, enabling many reports, graphs etc, simply by entering your particular data.

Both very different

I use RentManager, its simple, easy and I can use it for both residential and commercial, it automatically calculates the GST if its commercial.

Come the end of the tax year its all ready, I just make sure its kept up to date.

Its whatever works for you.

Chris

I use PIA to run the numbers on any properties i'm looking at, and for money / IP management i use excel, i don't get too fancy with my analysis so excel works perfectly.

I voted 'Other Software'

For the Linux savvy, we use gnucash for all expenditure tracking.

Might have to change soon to Quicken or MYOB since thats what the accountant uses. :( Still investigating.

We use whatever spreadsheet application is handy (like gnumeric, excel, open office, etc) for all those 'What If' questions when projecting into the future; like 'What If interest rates climb to 20%' or 'What If we can not rent a property out for 6 months'

Last edited:
Excel here...collect data from all over, then dump it into excel to "refine" it. It's 100% customisable, can add new data, new fields anytime, and if laws / tax rates change, dont need an upgrade or new software!

Cheers

HI IloveProp,

Yes that thread is useful thanks. Theres actually a lot of good threads discussing software - but as Im trying to decide which one to use myself I though a poll would give me a clearer picture of whats most popular.

Im suprised to see so far just how popular excel is, and how small a % have voted for MYOB which I had thought from reading various posts was a lot more prevalent.

Thanks
Grant

I use Property Manager Pro for all my property portfolio record keeping.

Its a simple reliable program and does everything I need it to do.

At the end of the financial year I simply print off a report and forward it onto my accountant.

Hi

I voted Exel because I use it for just about everything but truth be known pen and paper and the trusty calculator is probably what I use for most of my thinking/planning. Exel is used for existing investments records etc.

Perhaps I should become more tech savvy. Must get around to buying PIA - seems good for the planning/decision stage.

M

HI IloveProp,

Yes that thread is useful thanks. Theres actually a lot of good threads discussing software - but as Im trying to decide which one to use myself I though a poll would give me a clearer picture of whats most popular.

Im suprised to see so far just how popular excel is, and how small a % have voted for MYOB which I had thought from reading various posts was a lot more prevalent.

Thanks
Grant

Hi Grant

I think the best way to choose
is google for property management software
go to the sites
download the demo software
try it for 30 days if you dont like them
just unistalled

Back