• DOWN .25%

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • UP .5%

• Any other result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two years ago I think these were the most fun threads you could get, everyone putting a bet on what the Reserve Bank was going to do each month.

And it looks like movement is on the way again. So what's your bet?

i'm really unsure about this meeting.

bad news OS (like the chinese tariff) spells a bit of immediate trouble here.

i just don't know.

Two years ago I think these were the most fun threads you could get, everyone putting a bet on what the Reserve Bank was going to do each month.

And it looks like movement is on the way again. So what's your bet?

What about the implications of a rate movement or not movement to the AUD?

Given the level of the AUD, housing approvals coming in below predicted, and the current US/Chinese battle of wills going on, voted for no movement.

i had a little play on the market by laying the .25% increase at $1.24 on Tuesday this week, i can take 50% profit today by backing the .25% rise at 1.36%. think i will just let it ride for now and see what happens unless i can get $2 for the .25% rise and then i will cash out .

l think the odds get too short early in the month when so much can happen in last two weeks. laying the early fav has been a profitable over the last 24 months.

cheers

Based on the following....I am 80% sure that the RBA will pull the lever!

This is based on:

1. The low rate of unemployment and an emerging skills shortage

2. The dollar has hit US $0.95....this will make more attractive for Aussies to go overseas

3. Signs that inflation is heading up

4. Sydney and Melbourne markets have not cooled to the degree of SA, Qld, and WA

why is it IRs in this country seem to be permanently too high?

Unfortunately it's just the Australian way, rip the country off blind ! In everything they eat ,buy, build, forms , licences , permits , tax , petrol , services, laws and controllability [us] and on and on it goes. Sad but true and getting even worse by the day .

Cheers

hi all
for me it depends what the us dollar does
it was at 97 today but it is looking at going to parity by end next week
if it gets to 1 for 1 then I think that you will see some high breaks go on
I am keeping a very close eye on the dollar and the parity is the bench mark its been to 98 but I think will hit 1 for 1 next week late in the week I think
alot of trade is done on the dollar and I think the reserve will raise rates
the problem is that we do not have alot else going for us
and this is an issue.
for me its a case of stock pile at this stage and what to move

Back