What to do w this piece of s**t bathroom?

Something you dont seem to have in the bathroom is storage and benchtop space. As a minimum, I would try to fit in a vanity somewhere, particularly if you are targetting families.

Good post Penny. I would add to this, comment that if it was me, I would keep both loos, and if they are indeed right next door to each other, could you take that nice looking basin and put it in the second loo. It seems it could be almost back to back for the plumbing? Then replace it in the main bathroom with another small cupboard style one. It will still be cramped but will give much needed storage.

More shelving on the wall above the loo and you have enough storage for most people.

Might be going against the grain here but I think I would be ripping out that bath totally and replacing it with a half bath/shower combo. That gives you more room for the toilet and sink.
Perhaps putting the toilet on the front left corner, shower left rear and a vanity at the right rear.

As it is the toilet looks like a tacked in afterthought and as others have said some storage around the sink would go well.

Edit: Assuming its a timber floor with access under.

Moving things around starts to cost money and I thought this was a "cheap and cheerful" reno? (But I agree it would look better.)

Yes cheap and cheerful reno under $500 definately.

Will be taking the toilet out of the bathroom for more space.

Just bought this vanity for $36 - only wanted to pay $10 but this was pretty good so I spent the extra...

Still haven't found any dark tiles for the floor though!!! any help on cheap places from Bris to Rockhampton?!?

Attachments

• 36.png
    36.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 69
Back