What traits do investors have in common?

Reading the forum I am often surprised to see the number of comments, tags and generalisations applied to investors. So I decided to take a moment to consider what traits investor's have in common. Here is my list.

1. Higher than average intelligence - they make Einstien look like a dunce.

2. Business movers and shakers - I often field calls from Trump wanting to be my apprentice.

3. Family Fortune - I myself got my dad's power saw when he passed away.

4. Lucky - my favourite to explain the tough times many investors go through to achieve overnight success.

5. Battlers - often incorrectly applied to renters or people who want to get into the market but don't possess the super powers or connections listed above. :rolleyes:

Regards

Andrew

Last edited:
Wow! That's me done to a tee! ;)

P.s. The term 'battler' frustrates me, especially people who call themselves that! If you don't like it, do something! Don't just resign yourselves to your fate!!

Quite correct, Bargain Hunter.

Don't forget though that we all belong to the same handful of country clubs, batantly cheat on our taxes, and won't allow our children to marry outside our kind.

Great list BH.
To be an investor, I think you need to be able to think outside the box when everyone is telling you NO.

Roadblocks in this game are everywhere, and being stubborn will be a great assett.

Quite correct, Bargain Hunter.

Don't forget though that we all belong to the same handful of country clubs, batantly cheat on our taxes, and won't allow our children to marry outside our kind.

No one told me about no country club

thank you.

whilst here I need to rush up on my taxt cheating tips, the villa in france is going to cost more money than I thought and ***** if Im going to "earn it"

Last edited:
Commitment, not taking no as an answer, walking paths people dont normally walk, a f* off mentality where one doesnt accept fate handed on a plate they create it, openness to seek everyones feedback yet open just to sift it not to buy into everyones comments to end up in undeciceiveness.

Damn, was trying to post this this morning - who turned out the lights!

*whips out trusty cut and paste from Notepad*

They all bought their houses cheap, before the boom, and are just raking it in now while FHOs have to pay the current extravagent prices.

Not a single investor has bought at current prices, except the ones that have, and they are just pushing the prices up for those poor FHOs.

take a moment to consider what traits investor's have in common.

I presume when you say "investors on this forum" you mean solely residential property investors....so I'll ignore all other forms of investment including all other property investors except ressy ;

1. Don't like their kids much, and would much prefer to spend the vast bulk of their weekends mowing other people's lawns, cleaning their gutters and fixing that leaking tap x 10.

2. Don't enjoy coffee, and would rather be repairing a hinge on the squeaky back door and watching their Tenants with their feet up on the rear patio entertaining their guests.

3. Don't enjoy holidays, and would much prefer to donate the cost of a good overseas holiday to the Bank, such that the renter can enjoy a subsidised lifestyle above their means.

4. Have a warped sense of humour, such that when either the Tenant or the PM tells them they "have to pay" for this or that, they simply smile and cough up.

5. Enjoy cleaning up other people's domestic mess. Lifting a place up from what the exiting Tenant deems "clean" to what the incoming Tenant deems "clean".

6. All very much enjoy paying Land Tax, as the benefit's that flow back are enormous. They all wish that State Govt's would double the Land Tax payable, so they could really help the battler's out more.

7. They all don't have enough paperwork in their lives, and so investing is a sterling way to really crank up that letter count.

8. Without a doubt they all support the Greens, and fervently wish the impost of Death Duties could be brought back in so as to further contribute to the battlers....the kids didn't deserve it anyway.

Need to be able to listen carefully to people who have never invested in anything in their entire life telling them how it's going to come down in a screaming heap because it's a ponzi scheme run by speculators, and say "holy crap, of course - better rush out and sell my entire investment portfolio I've spent 15 years building".

A sense of humour. :D

Especially when (you know the type) that person who knows absolutely nothing about investing who insists on ear bashing you (ad nauseam) with misguided hope that by imparting their (even more misguided) advice they can succeed in convincing you of how mistaken you'd be to EVER consider such madness. :rolleyes:

Back