What traits do investors have in common?

Only 12-36 months? I hope so! With the Greece 1yr WACC at 72% (last I heard) and even the French banking system now looking seriously shaky, you'd want to be downright divinely-informed to play the market these days, I reckon. (As an aside, I do find it ironic that Germany now essentially does rule Europe.)

But this all plays into IV's sleight of hand: Instead of defending the validity of intrinsic value analysis in the Aust stock market context as challenged to do, he resorted to challenging the adequacy of risk weighting in property investing instead. Not to the point, see?

Germany has always ruled Europe. Even after they were defeated in WWII the Deutschemark was the de facto currency of Europe. Now the Euro gives them even more power.

Since its inception Germany has been perhaps the single most powerful country in Europe requiring various coalitions to take it down.

The French only ever came close under Napoleon - other than that, rubbish. Russia has never done much except during medival periods under Peter and Catherine. UK had sea supremacy but all it ever managed to do was bully some poor little undeveloped nation in other continents still throwing spears made from tree branches at them.

Spain and Portugal go too far back so don't count.

Back