What type of bathtub?

I am currently looking to install a bathtub into a new bathroom, and was wondering what other forumites have found to be the best buys.
From my limited knowledge, it seems that fibreglass-type baths are the cheapest, then acrylic, then porcelin covered steel. (not interested in anything above these styles eg cast iron)
Prices seem to range from a couple hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, so I am not sure which baths I should be looking to buy.

I am after a modern bathtub that will last for many years, and not fade or chip/crack easily.

Thanks

We put white acrylic in all our IPs and they don't chip or wear. You will get scratches but not bad ones. We have this type at home and shower over it daily and it has small scratches but nothing that looks bad. It cleans up beautifully with Shower Power.

Friends put a porcelain covered steel bath in and it was chipped before anyone even had a bath (I think the builder dropped something in it).

Wylie

I saw somewhere picture of bathtub / shower combo with proper shower screen incorporated.

Probably more appropriate for small studio apartments where space is at premium.

Negative side would be that you have negotiate side of bathtub getting in and out which might be annoying or dangerous if slippery, positive side you don’t have to worry about foot basin to contain water and mentioned space saver.

Back