What would you do with this tenant?

Hi Sailor,

An inspection of the property by your newly appointed PM will be in order, methinks.

Get that bike out of here, fix that floor, we will be back in two weeks to check that it is done ................

And you can discreetly supervise from on high:)

Don't settle until 9th May...so I'll need more time please!:eek:

This guy doesn't sound too bad.
Could you give him something to put under his bike? Maybe a used carpet the size of the room?
How about just increasing his rent to market when his lease expires and include the costs of the gardener as well.

If he pays on time and is generally an OK guy, it most certainly could be worse.

He probably considers this place his home.It must be extremely nerve wracking to be a tenant when the property is sold.

Good luck Sailor.
I think he should get his own carpet...but good idea. It's his responsibility to keep the floor unscratched.
Yes, I will certainly increase the rent to mkt val and add the cost of the gardener when his lease expires. However, I think it would be too much and he would move.
I don't think he was upset when he heard it had been sold, as he had just signed a very cheap 12 month lease. He would be laughing all the way to the bank. I could cheerfully wring the PM's neck!:rolleyes:

Hi Sailor

Thanks for setting me straight. Something similar has just happened to us as tenants (not bike parts on the floor by the way:D). Not quite as complicated as yours though!

Just wondering how things are going for settlement on the 9th??

In my (limited) experience I have discovered that the properties that initially cause the most pain turn out to be the ones to produce the best gain.

So hopefully the hard yards will be done ...

Good luck

sunshine

Can you divulge the name of the PM? As they don't sound too good, it would be nice to know who they are so other forumites can avoid using them.

Hi Sailor

Thanks for setting me straight. Something similar has just happened to us as tenants (not bike parts on the floor by the way:D). Not quite as complicated as yours though!

Just wondering how things are going for settlement on the 9th??

In my (limited) experience I have discovered that the properties that initially cause the most pain turn out to be the ones to produce the best gain.

So hopefully the hard yards will be done ...

Good luck

sunshine
We've had to extend settlement cos the bank sent the loan docs out in the name of my trust instead of my own name. :rolleyes: So now I won't get them signed until tomorrow (today being a public hol in Qld).
Yep, I'm hoping you are right with the gain stuff!

Can you divulge the name of the PM? As they don't sound too good, it would be nice to know who they are so other forumites can avoid using them.
I'm happy to do this over the phone, but not in writing. I wouldn't like to get sued. PM me if you want more info.

Back