What would you drive

I once wrote on an internet dating profile "Please don't judge me by what I own. That said, the fact that I own a Honda Jazz is probably a fair reflection of me". These days it's a Prius C which I love driving because it's such a smooth easy driving car though changed needs make the boot space a bit small. My ideal car - me being an unmaterialistic practical guy - would be a Skoda Fabia Wagon with the Prius driveline. More practically, the Hyundai i30 is probably the car I now need.

In earlier times I owned two Suzuki Wagons (boxes on wheels), of which Jeremy Clarkson observed "only an escapee from a lunatic asylum would drive one of these"! I want to know who told him my secret ;)

No.1 would be an audi R8

From a practical sense would be more like an RS6 or Macan
Yep; same here - purely for the poser factor down at the Golf Club etc, but probably the latest Toyota Kluger with absolutely everything optional for the everyday family stuff, and an Audi A6 for me to run around in.

Last edited:
Quite happy now with my daily drive which is a Suzuki Swift but I would get a weekender which would be a short wheel base Prado (or Pajero but they don't make them anymore).

I would use a violent and utterly impractical Group A rally car like an Impreza WRX and make sure to leave the anti-lag on full everywhere I went for the japes. #notannoyingintheslightest

Pretty easy, BMW X5 M50D and a Porsche Carrera 911 S with a manual box. Both current models. No use for Hypercars in Oz. For track days, TBA :)

Daily driver Ranger Rover or Mercedes C63 AMG
Track car Porsche 991 GT3 (drove around a track in Vegas and fell in love.... Rate it far higher than 458 and GTR I drove too)
Over the top garage car Carbon fibre Pagani Zonda.

Dodge Power Wagon.

Attachments

• power_wagon.jpg
    power_wagon.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 71
G Class AMG 4wd would be perfect.

Also would be pretty happy with a 200 series Sahara with circa $20k worth of kit ready for getting to those hard to reach places.

G Class AMG 4wd would be perfect.

Also would be pretty happy with a 200 series Sahara with circa $20k worth of kit ready for getting to those hard to reach places.

Funny you mention that, sat in one of those with 3 screaming kids and a couple of adults last week, it's bloody huge! Looks decent for a car that big too but obviously quite boxy.

Funny you mention that, sat in one of those with 3 screaming kids and a couple of adults last week, it's bloody huge! Looks decent for a car that big too but obviously quite boxy.

G Class AMG?

It is the only luxury 4wd that has true off road capability (I am talking rather extreme tracks etc).

My jealously levels are high that you got to ride around in one.

For now my humble Jimny will do until the planets align.

I will be buying a Mazda3 or Toyota within the next couple of months, I have had my share of exotic cars when I was employed by a RE guru many years ago and watched him go through Porshe, jaguars, rolls royces etc [all of which I had a ride in] I remember being driven from Chatswood to St Ives in the Rolls Royce which he drove and I sat in the back, it was great fun :D

These days I regard a car as something to get me from one place to another, my present Toyota has never let me down and I will probably settle for another.

Back