What you did in 2013? What are the plans for 2014?

WM that's a great success for you and your daughter! You must be so proud.

About to commence another block and build for profit but separated prior to building commencement.
Sold land
Did a renovating course
Back with husband
Sold first block and build
Quit the corporate life
Renovated and sold PPR
Bought and renovated new PPR
Bought and sold first renovate and flip project
Got pneumonia in the middle of the renos and became sedentary and fatter

Register a business name for my very part time legal business and attend networking lunches to keep my brain active
Look for another property to renovate and perhaps research another few target suburbs
Enjoy spending time with daughter in her last pre school year
Make a better effort at home on all fronts

Saved money
Personal self development/self awareness
Forged some new friendships/networking
Learnt a couple of tough life lessons (which made me stronger)
Proactive in finding another job
Enjoyed my sport

Put on some weight, some of it was fat & some of it being muscle. Unintentional bodybuilding bulk lol. Need to lose between 3-5 kg's more. Once I've cut down I'll see some nice definition. ;) I'll most likely look even leaner at a heavier scale weight hehe

And last but not least I have found one of my true callings, to be a personal trainer so I can encourage & motivate people to lose weight, get fit & healthy & help them to transform their lives. This is something i am very passionate about. I have decided to do cert 3 in fitness. I kept putting it off for the past couple of years due to the cost but I feel something is pushing me strongly in this direction :D ..... The Universe! Now is my time. I relate it to kind of like when a nun gets the calling from god. I'm deadly serious!!! Not trying to be funny.

Save some more
See mb possibly invest or wait till 2015
Keep improving myself spiritually & personally.
Join toastmasters & improve my speaking skills in front of a large group.
Do cert 3 fitness & love it! Enjoy my work experience & find some part time work. Find it fulfilling with the added bonus of an extra income stream. There are actually a lot people at work who are keen to employ my services. A number of ladies have told me could i please be their personal trainers. So I might do ok out of this. :D. Financially speaking I mean! . But i just want to point out that I would do it for free it means that much to me, bonus is I'll get paid for what I truly love to do!!

I will be in a different full time job
Enjoy my sport, be fit, healthy & injury free!
Encourage the young footy players, also volunteering. Be involved on committee.
Waist size under 75 cm. I think at my leanest I got to 75 cm. I'll try for the low 70's cm waist. Notice how I don't use a scale weight goal!

I have decided to do cert 3 in fitness. I kept putting it off for the past couple of years due to the cost

You probably already know this, but if the cert III is government accredited and you haven't completed a cert III previously, you may be entitled to full government funding.

Anyway, well done on 2013 and good luck with 2014 :)

Hi all, 2014 in 10 days. It would be interesting to hear what you all have done in 2013 and what are the plans for 2014. Doesn't have to be investment specific. Those who responded to the last year's thread may want to update as well.

===
Purchased IP = 1.
Engaged.

====
Getting Married
Purchasing new IP = 1.
Invest in Share Market.

Thanks for finding that older thread yellina.
This was my wish list from last year.

Year 2013
1. Try to buy an IP interstate.
2. Get into shares a bit more.
3. Try to find a better paying but suitable job
4. Maintain current level of health
5. Sleep more

2013 - Actual
1. Bought 2 IPs interstate
2. Did get into shares a bit but not as much as I thought would.
3. Finishing my current work by end of Jan -2014
4. I like to think I kept my level of health - Wife may disagree :)
5. Not enough sleep.

2013 - Wish list
1. Find a suitable job!
2. Improve health
3. Pay more attention to kids well being (5, 3 & 1 years).
4. Do a bit more than just residential property investment.

None of them are SMART goals.. but practically everything depends on what job I end up with.

I missed last years thread unfortunatly - but I guess it wouldnt have said much given 2012 was a stale year.

Finally got my development site being developed after an long and arduos 4 years.
Changed jobs to allow me to work less and earn more. Sets me back on track for my 10 year plan (5 years to go).
Repaid a lot of debt and got a few monkeys off my back.
Saved $100k

Finish my development in March/April. Sell one - keep two.
Have Westminster buy me lunch for finishing my development before she finishes hers. :p
Sort out my finanical structures to allow further investments.
Buy another development site before Westminster or MTR get to it before me :D
(Help) fund my parents retirement.
Commence investing with the family.
Purchase a long term hold IP (maybe 2 depending on the entry price).
Repay more debt.
Holidays - Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Nepal, Turkey/Greece sailing....
I should target to learn a new skill - Sailing and language is high on the list but hasnt made it there yet. Maybe I should focus on these.

That should fill the calendar :p

Blacky

My first born starts school
Returning to work after family leave
Will buy another IP and a 2nd if possible
Lose 15kg and increase fitness
Finish my Masters
Decide / plan on when to undertake needed repairs on our other IP.

A daunted at first to take a look...

Enjoyed being back at work
Did buy another and second settles in the new year
Lost another 5kg, maintained fitness -
Masters -almost done
What wasn't planned - we did another reno

Get rid of the last 10kg
Get fit and healthy, body and mind
Family OS holiday
Buy another IP

Have Westminster buy me lunch for finishing my development before she finishes hers. :p

That should fill the calendar :p

Blacky

It's still neck and neck. Of course we'd need to be in the same country for lunch :D
I'll have some freshly caught crays (raw is fine)

Spent half of 2012 and most of 2013 trying to wrestle a safe seat off Labor in Federal Parliament for the first time in 30 years. Didn't make it.

Reduced Labor's winning margin down to the lowest level in 30 years, so I was immensely proud of the entire team's effort. Volunteers numbers swelled from 120 back in 2010 when another person ran to over 550 on the day, personally trying to help me get over the line. I owe them all a huge debt of gratitude.

Before the Greens preferences kicked in, we were literally neck and neck, with the Labor candidate on 36,436 and myself trailing by 572 votes on 35,864. It's very humbling to have that many people put their faith in you.

It was an amazing, enthralling and eye opening experience that I will look back on and treasure always.

Investing in property allowed me the opportunity to have a serious tilt at Federal Parliament, especially with the time required to campaign for over a year. It is an amazing business we all participate in.

Good luck to all Somersoft members and compliments of the season.

Spent half of 2012 and most of 2013 trying to wrestle a safe seat off Labor in Federal Parliament for the first time in 30 years. Didn't make it. .

Dazz, you are an ethnic kid who has done good. You have a lot to offer. But spare us the partisan nonsense that both sides of politics present - none of us are that stupid to swallow it. {deleted} When you are as sincere or earnest as Oakeshott or O'Chee, be assured of community support (regardless of which side of the political fence you stand). Wishing you the very best.

Last edited by a moderator:
2013 - good riddance

2014 - manage unexpected early retirement
- move to Barcelona to help look after kids
- learn Spanish properly, and a bit of catalan
- maybe buy a cheap apartment in Barcelona to live in if it ever looks like bottoming out and price is less than half the peak
- if time permits, start exploring the pyrenees

Sounds like a great year coming up in 2014. Great to be able to retire early. I share this goal.

You probably already know this, but if the cert III is government accredited and you haven't completed a cert III previously, you may be entitled to full government funding.

Anyway, well done on 2013 and good luck with 2014 :)

thanks for the tip i think i already did a cert 3 before though.

thanks and 2014 will be exciting and best year yet! You too for 2014 :)

Purchased a couple of properties dual/multi income. Helped eldest purchase his first home. Business income increased, four overseas trips!

Reno and strata title one of the 2013 purchases, look for similar deal again. Purchase unit Sydney for cap growth, two overseas trips - one booked already. Keep working towards the retirement plan.

- Purchased our first PPOR and moved in in Sept
- Putting finishing touches on it at present (should be done in a few weeks)
- Got my professional registration (however can't run business as work didn't give me required approval :rolleyes:)

- Once our mini reno is done, get PPOR revalued.
- Access increased equity to pay down pesky non-deductible debt and start afresh with clean slate (no more consumer debt!).
- 11 week trip to Europe planned from late November
- Get promoted at work
- Hopefully can get some progress with recurring health issues
- Get back into reading
- Increase fitness
- Considering doing a certificate 3 online for another business idea that I have (this doesn't require approval from my current job :p)

2013:

Lifestyle:
Travelled to Japan, Gorgeous Place !!
Travelled To India, Eye Opener !!
5 Months of work due to Inner ear infection (Long Story but a very depressing and anxiety filled 5 months, lmagine having drunk spins without the happiness.)

Investment:
Bought IP#2 (Wagga)
Bought IP#3 (Ballarat)

2014:

Lifestyle:
Travel plans to visit sister in Scotland and Friends in Cayman Islands.
Excel at work competencies.
Improve Health and Fitness.
Turn 30 in April :eek:

Investment:
Diversify into Shares
Save for IP#3 Renovation ($35k)
Purchase IP# 4&5 by using IP#1 Equity and Cash.

Cheers,
Wirra :)

Great read so far!

2013:

-Joined Somersoft :D
-Finished 1st year (of 2) professional registration for my field
-Moved out to rent and then bought 1st PPOR
-Traveled to Japan
-Presented at an Australasian drug and alcohol conference
-Fitter than 2012!

2014:

-Buy at least 1 IP
-Finish off professional registration
-Go on a long overdue holiday
-Get fitter than 2013

- Had a baby
- Not much else. Managed to shower a few times a week.

- Start first year of Computer Science degree
- Find finance and build/relocate a house onto my few acres
- Start a business, any business, just to try it

Back