What's Margaret Lomas telling people to buy?

What is Margaret Lomas from Destiny telling people to buy this year?

Any destiny clients out there, please advise!

Don't know but watch her show and they seem to be looking at Logan,Kallangur,Christes Beach and Hackham from memory?

I would take Christie Downs over Christies Beach especially if your a buy and hold investor. I'm not a fan of Hackham. Can't speak for the other suburbs as I don't know the areas.

I would take Christie Downs over Christies Beach especially if your a buy and hold investor. I'm not a fan of Hackham. Can't speak for the other suburbs as I don't know the areas.

Why not Hackham other than it seems to have already moved? From a distance there seems to be lots of investor activity there as the lower priced properties seem to be moving fairly quickly.

Thanks everyone. Looks like Christies Beach & Hackham are still cheap with good cashflow.

Any other places? Any in VIC or WA?

Is she a Guru, or do we avoid her recommendations?

Wouldn't that be smart, buy a few properties in the suburb then tell your followers it's the bomb, then sell the property you just bought for a nice profit.

My observations are that her predictions are generally on the money but she has an army of investors following her advice and by the time they become well known it may be too late and the easy gains have already been made. Can one person influence a market that much? Maybe an individual suburb.
She is a big fan of good cash flow properties Providing they meet her investment criteria

My observations are that her predictions are generally on the money but she has an army of investors following her advice and by the time they become well known it may be too late and the easy gains have already been made. Can one person influence a market that much? Maybe an individual suburb.
She is a big fan of good cash flow properties Providing they meet her investment criteria

One person can influence a regional town. We have seen it with Margaret and with Nathan Birch. They have enough pull to create their own market force and with more people coming in prices naturally go up, giving equity gains and perceived CG to those already in. Is it long term sustainable? That is a question everyone has to ask themselves when they choose to follow someone.

Why not Hackham other than it seems to have already moved? From a distance there seems to be lots of investor activity there as the lower priced properties seem to be moving fairly quickly.

i dont think its moved much in the last 6 months or so..but prior to that when the dual express way came onlines yes..you should still be able to get 6.5% or so...something like this is pretty good imo..prob get 290$ rent, its even in the medium density zoning area

Thanks S1mon, yes I saw that one it is considerably cheaper than other recent listings. Don't know if it is because its small or its in poor condition etc

yeh...i would guess it will go for a bit more and the low listing price is to get people through the door...all imo

She owns property in Armadale WA, Logan, Elizabeth, Hackham West. She looks for decent yields aswell as potential long term growth.

Yardney buys close to the city in Melb, Sydney and Bris.

Terry Ryder throws a dart at a map of Australia for his next picks.

As far as who has the best portfolio.

1. Yardney
2. Lomas
3. Ryder

She owns property in Armadale WA, Logan, Elizabeth, Hackham West. She looks for decent yields aswell as potential long term growth.

1. Yardney
2. Lomas
3. Ryder

Thanks for the summary mate,

However when reading this forum, some Inner city areas are already over priced and over stocked.

i dont think its moved much in the last 6 months or so..but prior to that when the dual express way came onlines yes..you should still be able to get 6.5% or so...something like this is pretty good imo..prob get 290$ rent, its even in the medium density zoning area

Where the expressway finishes is Old Noarlunga. From memory that got 12 or 14% growth in past 12 mths.

1. Yardney
2. Lomas
3. Ryder

I think Michael has been doing it for longer ( 30 plus years ) . He was also a Dr before he was struck off the medical register ( that info is in public domain - early 2000's ) so he had the initial advantage of a high income so he could afford to carry properties with lower yields initially .

In a recent email , he said that he also uses money from a LOC to make any short fall , but that assumes that you have available equity to use like that .

We bought a town house in manly , Queensland in late 2013 and I was interested to note tha metropole was the previous owner .

Cliff

From what I've seen Yardney is more for places just outside CBD's with higher density and lack of land = growing prices

Not a bad strategy I guess but they aren't cheap to buy

Upon following Lomas 20 must ask question book, hackham ticked the boxes for me back in 2013 now it's on her recomened places.

Back