What's the best air conditioning unit?

I'm a fridgy and the only AC I would put in a house of my own is Daikin. Easy to install, easy to repair, reliable, quite and efficient.

There are mid teir brands that people will reccomend, but not for me.

Stay well clear from any cheap chinese brand - assume that in 3 years time when you need spares they won't exhist!

Please check our website

I'm a fridgy

Off topic sorry but I have an electic pool heater that's way too noise. Any suggestions on how I can make it a little quieter?

astral.jpg

I'm a fridgy and the only AC I would put in a house of my own is Daikin. Easy to install, easy to repair, reliable, quite and efficient.

Stay well clear from any cheap chinese brand - assume that in 3 years time when you need spares they won't exhist!

Mine as well is a Daikin.:D Husband and I bought it when we move out from his parent's house. Actually, one thing I can't live without especially during summer is an a/c but recently I read from an article that living without air conditioning during the summer is possible, with just a little self-control. The money-saving potential is apparent, and you know you need that. You may read more in this article here: Have a quick look at our internet page.

When we were wanting to put air conditioners in our central Qld IP a couple of years ago we did a google search and found that overall the Mitsubishi's had the best reviews.

There were claims of up to 10 or 12 years without any breakdowns etc, so we purchased 4 reverse cycle Mitsubishi's through appliancesonline.com.au. They were the cheapest we found and they also delivered to any location.

They were installed by a local electrical/AC Company and our tenants gave us great feedback about the units ( especially for cold mornings ).

Later we purchased a further 6 for a second IP and found the same website had the small units reduced in the daily deals section, we saved a couple of hundred on each of the four smaller units.
They have all worked well so far. ( touch wood )

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/split-system-air-conditioner/filter/800613293/

On another note, I have been advised that gecko’s are a common cause for air conditioners to break down as they get inside the units and do damage the electronics or pc cards.

Have a look at Actron Air split systems , they have a protective cover on the PC board which stops the bugs getting in. I know a guy in Carnarvon who has used quite afew of them and he has not had troubles as yet. They are also rated to 50 degrees C continuous running, the mine sites love them

This thread is quite old so I thought I'd update the latest in the industry. The best branded air conditioning units are (in no particular order):

• Daiken
  • Fujitsu
  • Panasonic
  • Mitsubishi
  • Samsung

For the details, read more here.

I just had kelvinator units installed in my brand new IP (in another city). Does anyone know if they have improved for noise in the past few years since this thread started?

I'm a refrigeration mechanic with 25 years experience. My recommendations for the best air conditioners on the market today in order are.
1. Mitsubishi heavy industry
2. Panasonic
3. Fujitsu
4. Mitsubishi electric

This can change, companies cut cost to make a cheaper air conditioners to stay competitive and you end up with a crap air conditioner.

I'm a refrigeration mechanic with 25 years experience. My recommendations for the best air conditioners on the market today in order are.
2. Panasonic
3. Fujitsu
4. Mitsubishi electric

This can change, companies cut cost to make a cheaper air conditioners to stay competitive and you end up with a crap air conditioner.

I am surprised that Daikin does not rate a mention at all. Is it because it was not in the market where you operate or is it just poor features that you are aware of? Good information that I can make use of.

I am thinking of 1 or 2 units in a new apartment: one in a bedroom and one in the lounge. Does it make sense? Or is one in the bedroom enough with vent in the door leading to the lounge to share the heat/air cond from one unit?

Daikin didn't rate a mention because in my eyes their units have gone down hill lately, their higher prices and that there not available in most of the retailers like the other brands are makes them not make my list. Still do think they are a good aircon however wouldn't put them in any of my IP's. Avoid the Bunnings brands or similar, I don't like the current kelv's, LG's and last warranty job I had on a Samsung I waited 3 months for the parts to show up. Not a happy camper.
Don't rely on air conditioned air to go through doorways around walls or down hallways it doesn't work. If you want a room to be cooled of heated you need a separate AC in each room.

Another vote for Daikin, considering the small amount of extra money to get them it's well and truly worth it.

2. Panasonic
3. Fujitsu
4. Mitsubishi electric

Hi Jenko

so out of all of them, when warranty runs out and you have to pay for parts. Which one is the cheapest. Been reading while Mitsubishi heavy industry are one of the more reliable brand, when they go from owners they pay a hefty price for parts.

Back