Whats the Worst Tenant Application You've received?

Agent called and informed me that they had an application that they thought was a joke

- 1-2 months behind when vacated previous property 2 months ago
- Has a habit of turning the rear room into a drug lab
- Convicted for murder/manslaughter

Whats the worst one you've received????

Im surprised you would even bother applying with that sort of history, or maybe they were hoping it would slip through!

Nothing near as impressive as yours!!

Our biggest problem seems to be people wanting to run businesses from a residential property, possibly involving clients coming to the home. Of course this brings insurance issues for us. Even when they say that people won't be coming to the house, the nature of the business usually leads us to believe otherwise.
Marg

That's absolutely hilarious!

I must say, I have nothing quite as impressive as yours either.

Funniest I've had is a tenant I evicted apply for another property through the agency (which happened to be my property) and they had even lied on their application, saying they still lived at home.

Another one applied for a property with no rental history, which usually isn't an issue, but given the property was advertised at $320 per week and their total income was only about $400 per week (not to mention they offered $250 per week). I had 15 other applications and he was incredibly upset that he was knocked back for yet another property. :rolleyes:

16-06-2012, 01:48 AM
AlmostBob
DisMembered Join Date: Jan 2006

Tenants lie
always

From another thread ^^^!

I think this tenant is a keeper - they dont lie!

pinkboy:D

Agent called and informed me that they had an application that they thought was a joke

- 1-2 months behind when vacated previous property 2 months ago
- Has a habit of turning the rear room into a drug lab
- Convicted for murder/manslaughter

Whats the worst one you've received????

Im surprised you would even bother applying with that sort of history, or maybe they were hoping it would slip through!

Im wondering if its a ruse to make the next application look good by comparison......

Best one was an ethnic family who had no rental history (having supposedly just sold their home to buy a kebab shop) I worried that there was no way to prove any of this and what if the new business went under quick, so refused. She rang the agent and threatened to come and kill him for refusing them.

Back