What's Your Day Job (if any)?

bleeding heart social worker by trade, current post DOCS (NSW Department of Community Services, Child Protection stuff - yes thats right folks - baby killer extrordiare if you believe current media guff

i design unit developments, town planning etc.

i also trade CFDs on the aussie and US stock markets by day.

monthly i get into portfolio margining returns and check the returns on my property.

my days are pretty long - sometimes 16hours, but i get by.

I'm a Police Officer (senior constable) with the AFP. I currently work in Prosecution and Judicial Support, ACT Policing.

My wife's a computer programmer (IT Contractor)

Plan is for sarah to not need to work in around about 4 years time and for me not to need to work about 4 years after that.

Jase

Work in investment operations for a deep green managed funds/super company.

Fiance (Kerbs) works in IT as a test team leader with AFP (contractor not permi)

bleeding heart social worker by trade, current post DOCS (NSW Department of Community Services, Child Protection stuff - yes thats right folks - baby killer extrordiare if you believe current media guff
Don't worry... not everyone believes the stuff they write. I can't believe the way the media just jump to conclusions... Well actually, I can because they need to sell papers/ get viewers. Your job is not an exact science & you can't report all the good things you do because of confidentiality.

I think you guys do a great job:)
Steve

A million ain't waht it used to be!!
I'm in IT and work as a Systems Administrator (whatever THAT means). They keep paying me every month so I assume it's good thing :)
Hoping to be a self funded property investor within 10 years.

I agree with Yo yo ma. I feel sorry for DOCS case workers. By all accounts they have many times the number of cases they can handle, and they are "damned if they do" and "damned if they don't".

While there are lots of tragic cases, if all of the children under threat were removed, there would be a huge outcry and all the civil libertarians would be after you for eroding the rights of the parents.

I don't think I could do the type of work that you must be doing. I would be in tears all day, and no use to anyone.

Wylie

I am self employed running a web development company www.polinet.com.au for the past 3 years right out of uni. Been trying to break the "1-woman-show" barrier for the past 2 years but still doing most of the work myself, earning half of what I would earn working as a 9to5 web developer for another company. But I love the lifestyle, sleep in a lot, go to seminars, take time to set up an manage our finances, trusts, IPs and reno projects, etc.

Want to get out and about and connect with other like minded investors lately though, can anyone let me know if the SIG meetings advertised in the calendar are for seminar attendies only, do you need to book ahead or anyone can come along? Sorry to for a bit off topic...

Want to get out and about and connect with other like minded investors lately though, can anyone let me know if the SIG meetings advertised in the calendar are for seminar attendies only, do you need to book ahead or anyone can come along? Sorry to for a bit off topic...

Polina,

I am sure you can come along to the meeting on Monday. I think you're expected to put down your intention to go on the thread in the calendar but the more the merrier !!!

I'm self employed as a sales agent selling 'office technology' - in the process of setting up a sales training business to see if I can build something from the ground up (slowly, slowly at this point).

Dean

Anyone can come along at any time. You just need to let Perky (he's the one that makes the arrangements) know your intentions, in the thread.

I am a craftsman.

Seems there's not many of us left...everyone seems to be a professional or manager of this or that.

I was just reading through this thread and was thinking exactly the same thing.

Where are all the mechanics, waiters, hairdressers, check-out chicks (or should that be persons?), or garbo truck driver?

I guess they would now be:
mechanic - combustion administrator
waiter - food services consultant
hairdresser - follicle team leader.
ch-o-ch - inventory release manager
garbo - district environmental management team supervisor.

Back