When did the Xmas tree go up?

For those who celebrate Xmas...

When do you put the tree up each year?

Traditionally, we put it up Dec 1, take it down sometime when we feel like it..several weeks later.

But this year, with an 18 month old and a 4 year old; it's too much hard work to herd them away from it constantly. :eek:

Fortunately, because of the stairs, we have some baby gates in place to block the little one for some of the time.

This year we put it up this Sat just gone.

Only 5 days of drama and broken deccos. ;)

Similar to you bayview.

This year I think it went up around the 10th or so, since then the 16 month old has been pulling presents out and opening them up. Grr

It went up around the 15th of December this year (no set date for putting it up but that's about the latest so far) and comes down sometime after someone says, 'Christmas was quite a few weeks ago and that tree is still up', or 'I reckon that tree should come down'.

But this year, with an 18 month old and a 4 year old; it's too much hard work to herd them away from it constantly. :eek:

I think cats are worse. Mine were.

If your tree is one of those with lights then don't put any decorations on it. They look pretty good without them too.

We've made more of a deal about the Christmas tree than the last few years as both our daughters are back after several years of travel- and it may be quite a few years before we're all together again.

I think we put it up around the first and put it away after Boxing Day . Just use one of those artificial ones .

Reminds me , I had better go and buy the wife something tomorrow !

Goes up in the first weekend of December. Decorations goes up the following weekend. External lights (just one tree) the weekend after. They all come down in reverse order after the new year.

we usually put ours up the 1st weekend and it takes both days as the kids start to argue over who has put the most on the tree so we end day one with tears & tantrums!! although they are getting better
normally comes down by new years.
and a child gate keeps the dogs away from it..

We usually put ours up 1st December and take it down on the "12th day of Christmas" which is 6th January?

This year hubby has gone all out and has draped so many lights on the front of our house that the neighbours have started to try to keep up. I've been working a fair bit and each night he sheepishly tells me he's been to Bunnings and there are more lights, more bling, more "ooh aah" comments from the little kids in the street. He is really just a big kid ;).

We are keeping one junior employed this holiday at Bunnings :D.

We put ours up first weekend of December - and take it down on New Years' day ... decided to do something different than the usual plastic tree this year ... so went for a wander and pickup around the farm ... a tin of white paint ... a pot from the garden ...

Attachments

• WP_20131130_009.jpg
    WP_20131130_009.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 82
The alcohol generally flows pretty well on Christmas eve in this house. I've often had a few too many when I've had to do the Santa thing. Tonight I've got to move a giant trampoline that I assembled in a farm shed earlier to the front lawn. Don't even quite know how it will happen yet but I've got plenty of big machines to help. Just gotta not get too drunk!

I bet there's been some sorry stories over the years of parents getting too drunk and falling asleep and forgetting to be Santa. Kids getting up and no pressies? But I'm just speculating as per usual?

See ya's.

The alcohol generally flows pretty well on Christmas eve in this house. I've often had a few too many when I've had to do the Santa thing. Tonight I've got to move a giant trampoline that I assembled in a farm shed earlier to the front lawn. Don't even quite know how it will happen yet but I've got plenty of big machines to help. Just gotta not get too drunk!

I bet there's been some sorry stories over the years of parents getting too drunk and falling asleep and forgetting to be Santa. Kids getting up and no pressies? But I'm just speculating as per usual?

See ya's.

Santa not real?

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

pinkboy

Back