* When did you last move house ? *

Our last move was 2 years ago. I am more than ready to move again. I get bored in the same house before too long. I love the challenge of making a home 'perfect' for us; then the thrill of selling it and then starting all over again with a new place! I have a very understanding husband ;):D.

Our last move was 2 years ago. I am more than ready to move again. I get bored in the same house before too long. I love the challenge of making a home 'perfect' for us; then the thrill of selling it and then starting all over again with a new place! I have a very understanding husband ;):D.

I too get bored,and move religiously every couple of years for a change,be it a sea change,a tree change,whatever.Lifes too short.............................:eek:

We moved last August, 14 months ago. We moved from a fairly standard size house to our newly built house which was over double in size. Needless to say, we still culled all the crap, and anything we did want to keep, but not in the house, is in storage in one of my sheds.

Currently in the process of building my shed at home, but I dont want to hoard or accumulate any stuff. Im just hoping to have a few tools and park any cars (or a boat;)) one day!

I remember moving fairly vivdly. You know how you are so careful and conscious about not bruising or denting the paintowrk putting furnature in, drilling holes for TV brackets carefully, making sure you dont scratch tiles etc? Man I was stressing out bigtime.

Then I got my reward on the Friday after spending 4 days moving and cleaning etc. Not a well earned rest on the weekend - I nursed my vasectomy:eek:!

pinkboy:p

Ouch! :eek:
Get out the frozen peas.....

Gee some of the numbers posted are huge! I've moved 3 times in 3 years and about to make it 4 when we move from Perth to Tassie in 2 months or so.
Culled a lot as we've gone from a 4 bd house, to a 3 bd, to a 2 bd townhouse! And yet the removalist quotes haven't shrunk at all :rolleyes:

(sob!)

Moving right now!

Two Men & a Van did the heavy furniture a couple of weeks ago, but this move has gone on for nearly three months and we are getting really tired

The tenants did a runner here, and the place really needed a lot of work, so we decided to move in and sell the family home which has been an Empty Nest for two years

Before moving in I painted 3 x 10' strapped ceilings and 3 x 8' standard ceilings plus scrubbed another 1 x 10' strapped ceiling, and Mike painted 1 x 8' standard x 10m long rumpus room ceiling and scrubbed the 10' bathroom ceiling (at full stretch over the bath to get to the fancy but mouldy cornices)

Then we realised that despite nearly $500 worth of steam cleaning, the carpets were truly sickening, so further delays while waiting for the new carpets to be installed prior to moving in.

This place has no garage or shed, and I have about 50 archive boxes of business documents which used to be on racking around the walls of the rumpus room. No such available space here, so we are using another property and have so far covered the floor area of three rooms with archive boxes, drum kits, suitcases etc nothing of which are our personal belongings

We hope to eventually build and move next door, but in the meantime, we are determined to love the place we are in, do it up, and see where that takes us

And yes, once we finish clearing out / cleaning up / repairing / selling the family home, I shall nominate a room to sort out into, get a skip and hopefully clear out every single darn tootin’ thing which I have had to pick, pack and carry

My arms and legs are covered in bruises and my arms are now lacerated with paper cuts and where boxes had staples left in them! Ouch!

After tomorrow, only the garage and the shed to go – and then, the cleaning!!

How can a place get so furry and dirty? We were there for only 13 years! It looks like I shall be washing all walls as well as all windows (two storey), air conditioning ceiling vents, steam cleaning carpets and buffing vinyls, as well as the usual basins, baths, ovens and stoves.

We are starting to think that perhaps a two bedroom unit would be all that we need, or maybe even just a caravan???

but we know that once we are settled all the discomfort will be forgotten and we will just be able to relax and enjoy the place!

Cheers

Hi Forum Friends,

Mrs Dubs and I have been in Mackay for the last 2 years and the work we moved up for is coming to a close.

We are now mid stream with packing up before we go on holiday to the States, and will move back to Brisbane on our return.

This will be our fourth move in the 9 years together, and we seem to cull more stuff each time.

When did you last move house and how much stuff do you have ?

Moved into PPoR no.5 last December.

I'm 51; the longest time in any one house for me since birth has been PPoR no.4 - 2000-05.

Havent for around 6 years (renting same place for all that time - AND rent hasnt gone up once woohoo).

Moving early next year to one of our IP's. Need more space for growing family.

– and then, the cleaning!!

Last two moves I caved and got a cleaner in ... 5/3 double story house cost me $600 incl carpets ... 4/2 single story cost me $500 ... worth every cent when combined with the stress of days spent scrubbing a new house and weeks of packing, carting, unpacking etc

We moved in June after selling our PPOR, went overseas and will be moving to Perth from the Gold Coast in 2 weeks time! Driving across with our small amount of possessions. I'm currently sitting here plotting our journey on Google earth and being from England I still struggle with the shear size of this country. I hope we don't get lost out there!!!

I hope we stay and settle in Perth for a good few years - I want a puppy :)

Ems
My husband is about to do that trip for the 4th time now, he loves it, so do the kids! I've done it once and still deciding whether to go with him next time. After all the packing and cleaning I don't find it as refreshing as he does!

In the past 2 years I've moved from a 5 bed house to 4 bed house, then 3 bed house and soon moving to a 3 bedroom unit. I've improved heaps with getting rid of stuff since all the moves but I'm not too sure we'll be able to fit in the unit. I have plans to use every bit of space in unit wisely and a few space saving ideas. It should be challenging! We will have to store our trailer at another property.

I had to write down the address of every house I've lived in to see how many I could remember. I'm up to 27 houses in 39 years. I moved around a lot from my late teens to mid 20's when I was flatting. Even when flatting I had to move a 2 bedroomed house worth of belongings but it was easy with lots of friends happy to help for a free BBQ and beers.

Last moved in January, have no plans to move again for at least 5 years. It's taken this long to find the perfect spot, so no plans to leave here for quite a while.

My last move was 7 years ago in 2005. I dont really like the idea of moving more often only if I have a choice. Normally its due to work situation. I always declutter my house and as much as possible leave only the essentials so wont be hard if I have to move.

Back