When/what did you last study?

Curious, as always. What did you last study, when did you study it, and what was your purpose of study?

And sure, if you haven't formally studied in ages but have been learning informally, that counts.

In my case:

Last completed:
NSW Buyers Agent Licence (Jan 2014)

Underway:
NSW Real Estate Licence

Purpose (both):
Commence formal operation as a Buyer's Agent; expand my knowledge of the industry; improve my ability to make informed investment decisions, negotiate, communicate etc

Grade 12.

I completed both my trades via RPL by physically on the job and for the most part, never under a tradesman.

pinkboy

Last thing for me was a diploma in finance - an annoying industry body requirement that didn't teach me a whole lot.

Cheers

Jamie

The last course was the real estate licensing through OTEN completed as a requirement of Fair Trading. I didn't need it when working for the owner or the tenant but when working within agency.

Business Owners put more emphasis on the skills gained completing my Masters Degree than on holding a real estate licence which general punters see as the pinnacle.

Last completed:
Agents representative licence

Underway:
Certificate 4 in disability

Purpose (both):
Gain formal qualification for the industry that I work in, plus when the NDIS comes in you won't get a job in the disability industry without at least a cert 4. The disability industry is going to be one of the biggest growth industries around soon.

People skills. Every day .

Because my mentor said

seek to understand before you seek to be understood

And that has worked really well for me so far

My last formal education was the same diploma Jamie speaks of.

Ta
Rolf

Bricklaying, 2011, TAFE, to one day get builders licence

Can you build a fence?

seek to understand before you seek to be understood

nice.

oh study ... I'm supposed to be doing some unit now.
Did a few all-nighters a couple of years ago to refresh the cert IV. Nearly killed me. so over it.
Finished a Masters in 2007. Not sure if I've got it in me anymore. As much as I encourage it in everyone else.

Gas Blending 2014. Teaches you how to safely clean and work with equipment fur pure oxygen. It's a scuba thing.

Professionally the last formal course was my Diploma in Mortgage Broking, I think in about 2010. I also do about 60-70 logged hours of professional development every year (about 3 times the requirement).

A wine appreciation course run by the local TAFE. Oddly, I can't remember anything I learnt. :rolleyes:

We did blind tastings then discussed what we liked. The very cheap wines were almost always disliked by the majority. The difference between say a $15 and $30 bottle came down to personal taste mostly.

Have done a number of shorter courses 1-4 days, but

Last completed:
Business Diploma

Underway:
Management Diploma

Purpose (both):
Work related, have two Cert IV's I would like to complete also, plus I may do an EWP & Forklift course this year

Can you build a fence?

Can I ever:

dattobrickwork.png

Extra charge if you want a stringline used lol

formally:

I studied for and attained my Google AdWords certification in 2011.
Before that, my Diploma in Financial Services in Financial Planning as I considered becoming an FP. Never practiced as it really didn't appeal.

informally:

I'm reading up and learning everyday. Just re-visited this and this

Cert IV in Educational Support, that means I am really qualified to do what I already do, in case Mr Newman wants to sack any more public servants at my workplace. I also have a Cert IV in Workplace Training and a Diploma of Business (Book keeping). I'm still doing something online from a year ago through EQ about Disability but it is boring me crazy.

PRINCE2 Practitioner Dec 2013 because I've been project managing for about 15 years but other than 1 subject in my masters had done no formal training. I'm contracting so thought/think it might help should my contract not be extended in last / next June.

Master in Business & Technology about 10 years ago. Didn't have an undergrad, thought if I was going to bother with Uni education I might as well get an 'M'.

Back