When/what did you last study?

Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - completed it about 3years ago.

Purpose - in order to continue on my goal of doubling my net income every 5years.
This is one of the few goals which I have actually achieved - having doubled it approx. every 3-4years since starting my working career.

Next up I cant decide if I want to complete my CPA, or do an industrial psychology course.
CPA will continue me on my goals - industrial psychology cos I find it interesting.

Or I might do something completely different.

Blacky

R programming :D
Actually my partner is doing this online, but it feels like I'm doing it with him because I get to hear what he says when he tears his hair out at the assignments. I'm familiar with SPSS but R programming is like out of this planet to me.

Past: German to level B1
Current: Spanish A2, spend 2-4 hours a day on it, goal B2 this year
Future: Catalan
Actually, I didn't think of my Spanish study in Guatemala. Two weeks, one on one, four hours a day, five days per week.

Cost, including full board, about $175pw.

A bit difficult at times to concentrate on the course at times though.

Past: German to level B1
Current: Spanish A2, spend 2-4 hours a day on it, goal B2 this year
Future: Catalan

Actually, I didn't think of my Spanish study in Guatemala. Two weeks, one on one, four hours a day, five days per week.

I too have just this week started using some Apps to start learning Spanish.

joeEx, what do you believe is the best way to learn?

Geoff, in your experience, did you find the intense lessons worthwhile?

Heading to Chile in May, so want to be somewhat prepared to at least get the basics down.

pinkboy

Started my Masters in Professional Accounting a few years ago - dropped out after a few subjects due to disagreements on quality of teaching with the lecturer and convener.

Last completed - Diploma of Fitness (along with a bunch of cycling and triathlon coaching quals) - around 2009ish. Or a refresh on my Dip Finance - RG146 (Financial Markets not Fin Planning) which would have been around 2011/12

Aim is to do my MBA at some stage - would like to take a year or six months out though and use the international options most of the sandstones offer these days. Work may be supportive if I'm willing to suffer a metro posting at some stage in return. Family would love it.

You've got me dreaming, that looks amazing. I used to dream of a life in France and spent many hours and dollars studying the language. I couldn't make the move work financially but south America looks tempting for long stays.

^^^^^ that really does look tough :rolleyes:

what do you believe is the best way to learn?
pinkboy

The best you can do is get something to listen to and practise talking at. Get a few pieces of basic vocab. Read up a little on basic grammar; don't go overboard.
Then go there and try it out. Try to speak it as much as you can. Try to listen to what people are saying to you. Eavesdrop.

Last official study course for me was for a Certificate in LVT Administration (for doing roadworthy certificates on cars), 2 years ago.

Before that was a course for a Real Estate Agent's Representative license (to sell real estate) back in 2003.

Certificate III in carpentry and joinery. Completed in 2004. Thinking about doing certificate IV in building and construction. I don't think I have the patients to sit in a classroom anymore though. I can't sit still long enough.

Back