When to "action" a section 32?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering when the best time to take action on a section 32 was?

I'm going to inspect a property on Monday and the agent told me that they'll be sending me the s32 soon.

I just wanted to know if it's best to send the s32 to a conveyancer/solicitor before making an offer?

or after making an offer?

or after an offer is accepted?

basically, when is the best time to take action on the section 32?

Thanks!!

you do it after you have inspected the property and before you make an offer...

my convayancer was happy to read 2 unsuccessful section 32 before charging an additional fee

Koopa,

It depends how comfortable you feel in reading the s32 yourself. Many are very similar and if it's a basic torrens or strata title there isn't much too them, just watch out for easements, planning issues, any legal claims or caveats, or anything that seems unusual.

If you want it reviewed by your solicitor, either do this before you submit an offer, or if you wait till after your offer has been accepted they must review it asap (so if they find a problem you can pull out using the cooling off period). Alternatively write a clause in the contract along the lines of 'this contract is subject to the satisfaction of obtaining independent legal advice within 7 days'

I just wanted to know if it's best to send the s32 to a conveyancer/solicitor before making an offer?

or after making an offer?

or after an offer is accepted?

basically, when is the best time to take action on the section 32?

Thanks!!

Back