Where can i find Positive Gear property in Victoria?

Jamie said:
A 100% deposit.

Positive? Yes.

Geared? No!

A 40 or 50% deposit should be enough to make the standard suburban property (5% yield) positively geared.

Such high deposits, though very safe, would more than halve your internal rate of return. However if that's all you can service then an LVR of 50% will attract double the capital growth of one of 0% (no loan) at minimal additional risk.

Peter

Generally speaking, you now need to "create" positive cash flow property. This term shouldn't be strictly applied to weekly cash in being greater than weekly costs. You can consistently turn over stock and would still be recognised as positive cashflow i.e. reno and sell, lease option and sell etc. Really any cookie cutter approach will do. I think this is one main point many miss, especially newbies.

Cheers

Oscar

look west I have been sniffing around melton there are some good buying opportunities if you look hard enough with a reasonable rental market but you just can't buy and then rent out you will need to do work. the reason these buying opportunities are there are that people can't afford the house ie repayments so can't keep up with the maintenance. some look very shabby but will clean up well. The market is slow so you can't escape quick but for small deposits you can get reasonable returns. also because of the 4 the teir water restrictions the gardens don't look their best hence the devaluation. capital growth will be slow.
cheers
meggala

Where can i find a positively geared property in Victoria

Where can i find Positive Gear property in Victoria?

I stumbled onto a new property listing website called NMDDATA They list Mortgagee and Deceased estate properties throughout Australia. There are heaps of positively geared properties there for sale.
Link: www.nmddata.com.au
For further areas of interest within Victoria, I would suggest Geelong. Areas such as Corio, Norlane and North Geelong offer great opportunities for positively geared Investment. Returns of 6 to 11% This may help

Johnno

I stumbled onto a new property listing website called NMDDATA They list Mortgagee and Deceased estate properties throughout Australia. There are heaps of positively geared properties there for sale.
Link: www.nmddata.com.au
For further areas of interest within Victoria, I would suggest Geelong. Areas such as Corio, Norlane and North Geelong offer great opportunities for positively geared Investment. Returns of 6 to 11% This may help

Johnno

johnno, every post you've made so far is about this site. are you sure you're not affiliated with it in some way?

*edit: just checked out the site. most of the ads don't have asking prices or rent figures, so how do you know they're positively geared?

hmmm, Luce methinks you are correct.

Every single post so far....mods can you do something about this.
This was on a very fine line. On the one hand, Johny has come in and posted four posts at one time promoting his website. On the other hand, it is a potentially useful resource.

Johny did ask if it was OK to post- we allowed it, but we are aware that it is possibly spam.

The posts are being left intact at the moment. Let the buyer beware.

Any more posts from Johny which promote his site, without offering anything positive to the Somersoft community will be removed.

Back