Where to buy house in Sydney ,within 650k ?

Hello Guys,
We are moving to Sydney soon ,need to buy a house for live .
My husband will be work in Bankstown ,and I may find a job later near the city .So we want buy a house that is less than 30 mins drive to Bankstown,and less than 1 hour to the city by Bus or train .

As I always like to grow some trees ,so we are seeking for a house with at least 650 sqm of land,the bigger the better ;)

As we are still living in perth ,so donot know much about sydney .
Our burget is between 450k-650K ,3 or 4 bedrooms ,2 bath house .
Thanks for all your opinions:)

Someone on here had a post talking about near Westmead Childrens hospital. This is not far from Blacktown??? I think but also it is close to Parramatta which is going pretty well and has good prospects etc. Therefore I would be reccommending around there as I think this would suit budget aswell.

Goodluck with it. Maybe search Westmead Childrens Hospital on the Search tab above and see what threads come up. Cheers and all the best with the move.

Someone on here had a post talking about near Westmead Childrens hospital. This is not far from Blacktown??? I think but also it is close to Parramatta which is going pretty well and has good prospects etc. Therefore I would be reccommending around there as I think this would suit budget aswell.

Goodluck with it. Maybe search Westmead Childrens Hospital on the Search tab above and see what threads come up. Cheers and all the best with the move.

Sorry I said Blacktown and you were mentioning Bankstown. Bankstown I think is a bit further away from Westmead but it still could suit your criteria. Also I think the suburb they were mentioning near Westmead was Wentworthville.

Cheers

Thanks .
I just google this area,from Wentworthville,it is 35 mins drive to Bankstown,which is still accpetable .

Great stuff snowwhite. Did you do a search in the Somersoft Search Engine regarding Wentworthville. Personally I do not know anything about this area but I just remember a thread about it. I guess you can then look on real estate.com to see if fits other criteria.

All the best.

Hi Snow

So your budget has increased since this post last year?

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=706831#post706831

Best bet is to hop onto the major portals and see what's available in your price range. Narrow the suburbs down to those that look like they work for you and then ask members here about specific areas- you'll get a better response.

Yes,thanks for follow up the old story.
Our life has been changed ,and now we are looking for buy one to live in,so I am not looking for best return,but the best for family !

Thanks .
I just google this area,from Wentworthville,it is 35 mins drive to Bankstown,which is still accpetable .

Many suburbs between Paramatta, Sutherland and Liverpool would qualify. To narrow down the area you need to put down some additional search criteria.

Do you have a need to be close to schools?
Any preference on the demographics?
If you want to stay on the low side of your budget Padstow and suburbs around there are probably a good option

If you want to stay on the low side of your budget Padstow and suburbs around there are probably a good option

Agree with BV,

Riverwood, Padstow and Kingsgrove would have a selection of houses under 650k.

Have their own train station that goes to the city and access to major roads

Many suburbs between Paramatta, Sutherland and Liverpool would qualify. To narrow down the area you need to put down some additional search criteria.

Do you have a need to be close to schools?
Any preference on the demographics?

Thanks BV,
I will take a look the suburbs you metioned .
We donot have child yet ,so doesnot need to be near a good school.

Back