Where to buy in Perth?

Hi All

I want to buy a house in Perth, criteria as follows:

Sub $450K
With land, so preferably a house, not a unit
Long term development potential, i.e. zoned R30+ or likely to be in 5-10 years time
Close to the city as possible, obviously.
All the other criteria about transport, proximity to cool stuff etc will be the deciding factor.

I was initially looking at $400K, and was thinking maybe Balga, Nollamara, maybe even Thornlie as someone said on another thread. But the first two seem to have been done to death, and so I'm not sure how much value is left.

So I'm prepared to go a bit higher, maybe go slightly south of the river (the dark side...) and look at Parkwood, Langford maybe?

Any ideas out there?

Hi All

I want to buy a house in Perth, criteria as follows:

Sub $450K
With land, so preferably a house, not a unit
Long term development potential, i.e. zoned R30+ or likely to be in 5-10 years time
Close to the city as possible, obviously.
All the other criteria about transport, proximity to cool stuff etc will be the deciding factor.

I was initially looking at $400K, and was thinking maybe Balga, Nollamara, maybe even Thornlie as someone said on another thread. But the first two seem to have been done to death, and so I'm not sure how much value is left.

So I'm prepared to go a bit higher, maybe go slightly south of the river (the dark side...) and look at Parkwood, Langford maybe?

Any ideas out there?

Yep Balga/Nol is tapped out.

Thornlie is good NOR your best bet IMO is the older part of Joondalup near the currambine train station as a) its close to transport b) it's slated for rezoning (check out council plans to see extent) and c) it meets your price criteria (just for older housing stock - but has good land content).

not to close to the CBD though but close to Joondalup CBD (oddly enough being Joondalup) and hard to tick every box :)

Last edited:
Back