Where to buy in Sydney for MAX short term CG

Lidcombe and Strathfield are not inner west. Lidcombe in particular is a fair way out. Entry costs are high (and getting higher) in the inner west for houses, but they're not making any more of them. Every time a bunch of house gets knocked down for an apartment block, I figure the cost of the remaining houses goes up.

What do you mean by fair way out ?
I'd like to know why :confused:

As much house/land as you can afford in a location with impending infrastructure, desirability and ongoing demand. Too many suburbs to specifically pinpoint here as Sydney's a big place with a LOT going on....:D

Exactly what Jacque mentions.

Look to get into areas where the Govt, Retail, Commercial & Private sectors are injecting money.

This affects the areas underlying fundamentals which in turn alters the supply/demand equation and as you know when demand exceeds supply, puts upward pressure on prices.

Wonder what you professionals thoughts are on SW vs NW growth centres

Not a professional, however I think the area near Cudgegong Road Station, Schofields Station and Riverstone Stations are good for short-term growth prior to the North West Rail Link coming online.

Once the rail link comes online the travel time from Cudgegong Road to Macquarie University and Macquarie Park will be 30-35minutes. Currently the drive in peak hour is 45 minutes to 1hr. The current bus times for this journey are typically an hour due to the need to change buses. The improvement of transport services will help to make the area more popular for people that work in Macquarie Park, Chatswood or the city.

There is some info/confirmation of indicative travel times here:

http://www.atrf.info/papers/2012/2012_Clifton_Mulley_Hensher.pdf

The improvement for the journey from Rouse Hill to the City isn't as great since the bus along the t-way and M2 currently takes about 50 mins non-peak, although the rail service will be much more frequent and more reliable in terms of consistent travel times.

This area has seen some massive capital growth. Growth has been about 30% in some pockets in the last 12 months. I think there will be sustained growth in prices through to the end of 2020 ( rail link opens in 2019 ), not at the levels seen but provides conditions that will help avoid a significant correction at least in this area.

I understand that the poles and wires sale will fund the construction of the new harbour rail crossing, which is intended to be an extension of the NWRL from Chatswood and via Barangaroo. I think the plan is for that to start construction from 2020.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/miscellaneous/sc000151_dpc_fact_sheet_03.pdf

Hopefully this will cut the travel time to the city by about 5-10 minutes by avoiding the need to change trains at Chatswood.

Back