Where to buy PPOR in Brisbane up to $450k

I'm asking this question on behalf of my brother. He's looking for a PPOR in Brisbane and would like to spend up to $450,000.

He'd like a 3 bed house on some land - approx 500m2. 'Renovators' are fine. Being a PPOR a nice area is preferable. He lives in Morningside but can only find townhouses in this price bracket. Considering this, he's willing to branch out to other areas. If you have any suggestions as to which suburbs may fit his criteria it'd be great to hear. Thank you.

Macgregor

Hi,

1st home buyer houses in Macgregor would be less than 450k. Mcgregor on the side off Kessels road and Main road (10 kms to city i think). Convenient buses to the city zone 3, 5 mins to Garden city ( which is going through expansion) and 5 mins to Sunny bank ( asian food). Houses built from 70s but solid brick good for renovation. Good capital growth, easy to rent. 30 mins by bus to the city. Good schools around.

Ta

If he wants to stick to that south east area, then suburbs like carina heights, mansfield, tingalpa, mount gravatt, mount gravatt east, upper mount gravatt, wishart, salisbury, nathan, moorooka all have properties for around that price.

I bought my ppor in mansfield last december for $440k. 3 BR, 1 Bath, Double Lockup Garage on 543m2.

You can pick up some properties from time to time in tarragindi for around that money.

Great area. I sold a renovator on 685m2 for 430 at Auction a few months ago, that was good buying.

Back