Where to find Acoustimat or ImpactaMat?

I've made an equiry to the BC managers of an apartment I've just bought, regarding laying down floating timer floors. They have sent me their approval requirements and one of the things stated is that:

"Timber flooring systems must have a minimum 5mm Acoustimat ® (dense rubber sound absorber) with no floating-floor-to-concrete contact. No flooring system that attaches directly to the slab will be considered. ImpactaMat ® is another recommended noise reduction floor underlay"

My question: Does anyone know where, in Melb, can I source this Acoustimat/ImpactaMat underlay and how much will it cost?

The OC managers are MICM. Has anyone done this before in one of their building and can direct me to a place that has suitable underlays as required?

it's going to be around $12-$25 per sqm. 5mm thickness.

Don't forget your floorboards need to be fire rated

I did one in your building and the OC manager is one tough difficult guy to deal with.

I've made an equiry to the BC managers of an apartment I've just bought, regarding laying down floating timer floors. They have sent me their approval requirements and one of the things stated is that:

"Timber flooring systems must have a minimum 5mm Acoustimat ® (dense rubber sound absorber) with no floating-floor-to-concrete contact. No flooring system that attaches directly to the slab will be considered. ImpactaMat ® is another recommended noise reduction floor underlay"

My question: Does anyone know where, in Melb, can I source this Acoustimat/ImpactaMat underlay and how much will it cost?

The OC managers are MICM. Has anyone done this before in one of their building and can direct me to a place that has suitable underlays as required?

Hi, I've just bought an apartment in the MICM managed building, we are going to laying down floating timer floors, they have same requirements, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The floor boards will not to be fire rated if there is a concrete floor. The concrete floor system provides the fire rating.

In relation to underlay we just bought acoustic underlay and it was $17 per square meter. It is only 3mm thick.

Huss

The floor boards will not to be fire rated if there is a concrete floor. The concrete floor system provides the fire rating.

In relation to underlay we just bought acoustic underlay and it was $17 per square meter. It is only 3mm thick.

Huss
Thanks for that, any suggestion on floor boards that will meet requirements ? Thanks.

i have included the timber floorboard policy from MICM

if you do not get 5mm, there normally would not be an issue however if you have a nasty neighbour below or someone complaints - then the OC will ask you did you not get the 5mm as listed in the floorboard policy? that is the risk you will take as there is normally an issue with noise that is of concern.

I know of ppl whose tiles and floorboards that got them ripped off. i also know of people just doing them on the fly without any permission who had no issues.

as for fire rated. you will find that all floorboards need to be fire rated when in an apartment building. i made the mistake once of using the melbourne city council building surveyor once and he insisted on seeing the fire rated certificates.
there are not many companies that do floorboard fire ratings as they're not required in a domestic house however there is one company that does it.

Attachments

• 20090224093325221.pdf
    637.4 KB · Views: 176
i have included the timber floorboard policy from MICM

if you do not get 5mm, there normally would not be an issue however if you have a nasty neighbour below or someone complaints - then the OC will ask you did you not get the 5mm as listed in the floorboard policy? that is the risk you will take as there is normally an issue with noise that is of concern.

I know of ppl whose tiles and floorboards that got them ripped off. i also know of people just doing them on the fly without any permission who had no issues.

as for fire rated. you will find that all floorboards need to be fire rated when in an apartment building. i made the mistake once of using the melbourne city council building surveyor once and he insisted on seeing the fire rated certificates.
there are not many companies that do floorboard fire ratings as they're not required in a domestic house however there is one company that does it.
Thank you so much, do you have the name of that company who does the fire ratings? Thanks.

i'm PM you a supplier who has a fire rating.

as for which requirements. that's in the requirements of the floorboard installations which is :-

2. Request must be made in writing and directed to the Owners Corporation in care of the managing agent station current condition (carpet/tiles), product to be used including "fire rating" and acoustic treatment

and it is usually inserted in the OC certificates which forms parts of the s32 when you purchased the property. If you check the BCA code for apartments, you will find even the carpet and floorboards need to be fire rated. This was highlighted to me when i renovated one of my apartments by the building surveyor.

It also depends on the owners corporation manager and the essential services manager. The OC could come back and and say yeah go ahead or you could get a hard and difficult OC manager who wants every documentation ticked off OK. Just depends - most ppl i know just install whatever etc without even asking permission but that's their own choice.

Which building are you in anyway?

Back