Which city will you buy in -2007?

which capital city will you buy in 2007 (and which city are you from)?

• sydney (from sydney)

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • sydney (from interstate)

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • brisbane (from brisbane)

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • brisbane (from interstate)

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • melbourne (from melbourne)

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • melbourne (from interstate)

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • perth (from perth)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • perth (from interstate)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • hobart (from hobart)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hobart (from interstate)

• darwin (from darwin)

• darwin (from interstate)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • adelaide (from adelaide)

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • adelaide (from interstate)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • ACT (from ACT)

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • ACT (from interstate)

• NSW Regional

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • VIC regional

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • QLD Regional

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other regional

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, why???

As an investor I would prefer to buy where housing is least affordable, that way my potential tenants aren't going to do the (as marketing spiels put it) "wave goodbye to your landlord" on me!!! :eek:

As a homeowner however, tis a different ball game. But then, I'm sure that's no great mystery to most investors (I think). :rolleyes:

But as an investor we're looking for CG, and the less affordable a city is, the less likely short or even medium term CG is, right? I mean, if you buy the least affordable city in 2003, that would have been Sydney.......
Alex

But as an investor we're looking for CG, and the less affordable a city is, the less likely short or even medium term CG is, right? I mean, if you buy the least affordable city in 2003, that would have been Sydney.......
Alex
Ahhh (the quick buck) CG.....different ball game.:D If you're hoping for "short or even medium term CG" then heck go for it, buy in the more afforable areas, roll the dice and cross fingers and toes and hope that it is your chosen state's turn to shine!!! ;)

Generally, I buy for the long haul...errr...hold!!! ;) If I want to turn a quick buck in property especially in today's market, I don't back anything even remotely resembling a nag (performance wise) I chose pure pedigree only. And even then, there's still no guarantee; if luck isn't smiling my way, well then so be it.

Guess I'm just really "lucky", really "patient" or both, either way tis paid off handsomely!! :D

Back