Which company for landlords insurance?

I got a few quotes and the best I found was Westpac:

$700 for bulding
$259 landlord's protection

Total: $959
Excess: $500
House with 3 bedrooms in Lethbridge Park

I've seen a few people in this forum suggesting AAMI is the way to go for Building/Landlords insurance in NSW and also saying that $500 plus is too much to pay for insurance.

I did a quote with AAMI online and the total, with an excess of $700 was over $1000.00. I simply cannot find anything cheaper than Westpac at the moment. BTW - tried NRMA too.

Would be happy to hear from you if you got a good deal on your insurance that would beat Westpac's price.

Cheers
Marcio

Try:

Honan Insurance or EBM with their Platinium product - I believe complete cover for less than $650.

I did a quote with AAMI online and the total, with an excess of $700 was over $1000.00. I simply cannot find anything cheaper than Westpac at the moment. BTW - tried NRMA too.

Would be happy to hear from you if you got a good deal on your insurance that would beat Westpac's price.

Cheers
Marcio

Why not get an insurance broker to do all the legwork amongst the different insurance co's and find the policy that suits your individual needs? Costs you nothing.

Yeah Steve, a broker is a good idea. However, I've already done quite a bit of the legwork this time around, so will carry this one through to the end. Almost getting there.

Cheers

Try:

Honan Insurance or EBM with their Platinium product - I believe complete cover for less than $650.

Got an online quote with EBM and the Platinum product comes up at $934 :eek:

Competitive, but still around the same as westpac...

Hi guys,

I've made 2 claims to EBM in the past (few years back now) & got paid out in full both times... I still use them for LandLord insurance even though I have buildings covered by another provider... I personally recommend them...

Cheers,

Manny.

I got a few quotes and the best I found was Westpac:

$700 for bulding
$259 landlord's protection

Total: $959
Excess: $500
House with 3 bedrooms in Lethbridge Park

I've seen a few people in this forum suggesting AAMI is the way to go for Building/Landlords insurance in NSW and also saying that $500 plus is too much to pay for insurance.

Cheers
Marcio

AAMI works for me because I don't mind a higher excess.

I usually choose the $1200 excess which ends up around $350 for the policy which is building and landlord to replacement value. If you choose a policy costing around $1,000 and then make a claim you will have spent $1500, if I make a claim it will cost me $1550 so not much in it.

However if I don't need to make a claim I am about $650 pa better off. Multiply this by 7 properties and it makes a big difference to my annual outgoings and saves me $4550. So far in the last 5 years I have not had to make claims on any of my properties. In 10 years I could have saved $45,500 if I am still holding only 7 properties, I might be holding 14 and saving nearly $100,000!

Just my take on it anyway!

Last edited:
I use Honan, $290.00 p.a for a LL policy
NRMA for building
NRMA for car/green slip, i did contact honan for a quote on car, but it wasn't competitive

Back