Which floor covering?

Hiya

After some suggestions for my soon to be constructed granny flat: my builder says for low maintenance just tile everything: bedroom + living room + kitchen (open plan).

THis is Sydney so it can get quite cold in winter but hot in summer...

I like the tiling for living plus kitchen but maybe floating laminate/carpet for bedroom...what are the pros and cons?

Carpets for bedrooms for sure....Tiled floors in bedrooms are just terrible in winter. As for the rest of the house - tiles are fine and low maintenance. Laminate isn't good because if water gets underneath it can destroy it

The only thing I like in bedrooms is carpet. As for the rest tiles are ok. I also like bamboo, the tag line goes - sustainable, strong and stylish.

If you decide to go with bamboo, make sure you check on ebay as you can get it for a lot cheaper than going to the flooring places. The only thing is you will have to find someone to install it for you if you can't do it yourself.

Angel

Tiles can look amazing but the wrong tiles can also make a living room look clinical. I can only assume the GF is not going for a top end finish, then carpet in the bedrooms is totally fine. I personally like timber that gives a warm feel or tiles with rugs are practical in cold old Sydney :)

Back