which insurance company do you use? (LL+Building)

ive been recommended Terry Scheer a few times but have found them too expensive,

I rotate between EBM and Ray White (Alliance), half the time they are cheaper then eachother (after discounts) for builidng+Landlord

EBM
pros for EBM is they have no excess for LL claims, plus you get 2 months discount if you mention their promo
cons- upfront payment

Ray White
Pros- allow you to pay monthly, gives you multipolicy discounts
Cons- excess for LL is $500-$600

whats everyone else do here,

im thinking of moving all my business to EBM because of hte no excess for landlords insurance, as at say $250 per week, youd' have to claim 2 weeks before the excess would be worth it, and since my portfolio is the lower price scale

to me the biggest priorities are price and lower/no excess

ive been recommended Terry Scheer a few times but have found them too expensive,

I rotate between EBM and Ray White (Alliance), half the time they are cheaper then eachother (after discounts) for builidng+Landlord

EBM
pros for EBM is they have no excess for LL claims, plus you get 2 months discount if you mention their promo
cons- upfront payment

Ray White
Pros- allow you to pay monthly, gives you multipolicy discounts
Cons- excess for LL is $500-$600

whats everyone else do here,

im thinking of moving all my business to EBM because of hte no excess for landlords insurance, as at say $250 per week, youd' have to claim 2 weeks before the excess would be worth it, and since my portfolio is the lower price scale

to me the biggest priorities are price and lower/no excess

You can certainly do monthly payments with EBM by using premium funding, there is a small charge for doing so though. If you would like to discuss that option you can either call 1800 661 662 and ask for Edward Heading, or alternatively just drop me a private message and I can give you his email address.

You can certainly do monthly payments with EBM by using premium funding, there is a small charge for doing so though. If you would like to discuss that option you can either call 1800 661 662 and ask for Edward Heading, or alternatively just drop me a private message and I can give you his email address.

yes I am aware of it, but there is a 10% odd surcharge plus an account setup fee,

that to me is not appropriate, I refer to fee free monthly payment options like alliance or ray white or qbe

I've just made two claims with Youi for the same property.

The first claim was a hassle. A retaining wall fell down in a storm. They declined it based on the assessors report stating that the damage wasn't the cause of a storm. Luckily the tenant had taken photos of the damage occurring (a wave of water that knocked the wall down) and they reversed their decision and paid out once the pics were sent in.

Second claim they paid out without too much hassle and also coordinated the work.

Cheers

Jamie

Does EBM have flood cover (in qld)?

All my NSW insurances are with Nrma. Had few claims. No issues.
QLD one is with AAMI.

Does EBM have flood cover (in qld)?

All my NSW insurances are with Nrma. Had few claims. No issues.
QLD one is with AAMI.

Not at this stage. It will come in but the implementation is complicated, we want to make sure the impact is as little as possible on premiums. Naturally there is already plenty of cover against storm damage etc. which takes in a lot of what people may think is "flood", but not the strict definition of "flood" at this stage.

yes I am aware of it, but there is a 10% odd surcharge plus an account setup fee,

that to me is not appropriate, I refer to fee free monthly payment options like alliance or ray white or qbe

Yep you're quite right. Naturally any offering of monthly payment terms needs to be built in somewhere as it's essentially finance, so we keep the two completely separate.

Hi

We read a lot of good advice for LL insurance, but how about Bld insurance? (investment)

I am to get one today and still, I don't know.

Don't know about TS as well, but in case, there's no flood cover there.

Just renewed GF + house with Youi. Changed from ANZ as the price was much cheaper, hopefully their service will stack up if I (hopefully don't) ever need it :D

We've also just gone with Youi. Suncorp increased our premium by hundreds and Youi did it for what we paid last year with Suncorp. My hubby's sister is with them and they were treated well after a recent hailstorm damage meant a claim.

We've also just gone with Youi. Suncorp increased our premium by hundreds and Youi did it for what we paid last year with Suncorp. My hubby's sister is with them and they were treated well after a recent hailstorm damage meant a claim.

Hi Wylie

So this wasn't to insure against tenant loss of rent etc. I take it??

No. This was for our own house. I'm switching two rental houses from Suncorp to Honan though.

I know the cover may not be the "best" after reading your posts, but with good, trouble-free, long-term tenants, I'm not concerned about loss of rent or malicious damage (though those are covered).

I'm happy with "not quite the best", but I would review this stance if we didn't have good tenants.

thanks for this, I have still not got my insurances.

I have seen that forumers here do not usually have their landlord building with TS, wonder why. I am inclined to pick TS for both LL and Bld, but the lack o Bld ins with TS make me wonder.

I rang Youi, and got an enormous premium quote 2 wks ago, I should try now with more accurate data.

I rang Real Ins but they don't insure for loss of rent due to fire under Bld insurance, it is under Bld insurance with TS.

Hard to compare apple with kiwi

That's okay. It's the Youi "landlord" policy that I would be most concerned about as the cover just doesn't seem to be there from what I have seen and been told.

hi brett
if i bring 10 policies over will you give me a further discount on top of the 2 months free?

I need landlord and building cover so i got an online quote of $837.86 for EBM's RentCoverPlatinum on a 1960 2x1 b/t home in Midvale WA 6056. The online quote from Terri Scheer are $432.54 landlord and $774.28 for building. ($1206.82)

Both quotes for $250k replacement value with $500 excess. (rent is $380week).

Is the difference of $368.96 worth it? Or is there something i am missing.

Back