Which Melbourne suburbs?

Hi Harry,

I don't know whether St Kilda is cheaper b/c it has hookers around some of the areas?

Hawthorn sts: so many to choose from depending what you're after.

Harrison cres near the Yarra, Hawthorn gve or Kinkora rd off Glenferrie rd, Shakespeare gve & Coppin gve, Walmer st, Raheen dve, Park st & Wakefield st (bit less toffy than Kinkora but still up there)...

Kew..Sackville st & surrounds
Camberwell...St Johns Ave & surrounds...or upmarket in Monomeath or Wentworth sts

St Kilda - Beaconsfield pde & sts off it

....maybe let me know which ones you look at & I can offer some further info.

Regards,
M&M

Some suburbs are a heck of a lot worse than others though. I remeber when I lived in Clayton probably 50% of the houses in the street was broken into over the space of a couple of years. Would be getting the crime stats for the suburb (Racv).

Good idea!! Reality is ofter far different from the perception. Well what do you know, in the top 40 most burgled suburbs the leafy and affluent suburbs of Hawthorn and Glenferrie come in at number 26, Richmond number 33 and good ole Kensington doesnt even make the list!!!

kew is also on the list at number 32. The number one crim spot is Parkville followed by Narre Warren

So I guess the lesson to be learnt is everyone living in Hawthorn should run for the hills because it has far more crime than kensington, nearly twice as much actually ;)

I finally purchased a property in Kensington (kensington Hill) which settled last month - was initial recommendation from DUNNO- thanks. Also thanks to everyone else for your feedback. Now looking to purchase in Sydney and/or Brisbane.
Regards,
Harry

Try West Melbourne.

North Melbourne used to be a dump, now fairly pricey. One day West Melb will catch up, or parts of it anyway. 900m from the city...

But personally I wouldn't even buy Australian property now, but that's just me. Plenty of better options with the currency now. I'd probably make more just buying a foreign currency and buying back in a year.

Edits
Here you go perfect opportunity for you.
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/VIC/West-Melbourne/?adid=2008612956

Yielding 1.95%... remember, low yield high growth

Last edited:
Back