Which suburbs would you buy in Brisbane?

I think that West End is going to benefit from a new bridge.

I don't know about other web sites but it can be tricky searching for West End properties on realestate.com.au becuase there is another West End elsewhere in QLD. If you want to look at properties in this area the tip is to search for Southbank and check the "Include other suburbs" box.

The eastern busway plan is progressing well and will travel through the gabba, buranda, stones corner, coorparoo,camp hill carina and carindale. You can still pick up little workers cottages in Petrie terrace which are walk to city in the sub $700k price range which for something right on the edge of the city is still undervalued imho. There are new pedestrain bridges being built here and the redesign of the roma street precinct is supposed to make greater pedestrian links between here and the city.

infrastructure websites for Brisbane area

Apart from the SEQ Plan, which is very light on details on infrastructure changes for Brisbane city, which other websites contain more detailed information of the brisbane infrastructure plans ?

Cheers
PM

Chermside, Chermside West, Aspley and Geebung... Houses, 20-40 yrs old, 3-1-1, 600 sq meters sell between late 300ks to mid 400ks. They are all 9-11 kms from the CBD.

Still a bargain...

I think that Kedron is going to boom in the next few years. It is only 6-7km from Brisbane CBD, close to Chermside and will benefit from the Northern Busway which will allow people to get into the city in about 10 minutes. The busway is initially going to finish at about Stafford Road and will later on be extended to Aspley and, I think, Bracken Ridge.

Kedron is not much dearer than Chermside but its biggest advantage is that it is closer to the CBD. Where can you still get properties in Melbourne and Sydney for $480,000, 7km from the CBD?

What about Wooloowin, next door suburb to Kedron? It has a train station, 10min drive from Chermside. Any feedback regarding this suburb would be great.

Wooloowin is a great suburb only 4-5km from CBD. It will always do well but may be getting too expensive - you can't get much for under $600,000. Yield at 3-3.5% is not all that great.

imho.....Wooloowin has a better feel than Chermside and Kedron. The 2 latter suburbs have the main drag (gympie road) running through their backbone. Wooloowin has some arterial roads however it seems to be less affected by traffic than the other 2 and some real nice qlder houses

Back