Who am I?

Hi Guys,

Im looking at tidying up the old backyard and I have a certain type of tree.
They are everywhere and they have the same similar look, although some are massive, but the majority are thin, but they are all very tall (or on their way to being tall)

Could anyone tell me what type of tree these are?
Are they useful for anything?

See attached pics

Attachments

• trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 111
  • trees (1).jpg
    trees (1).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 108
Where is the location?
Take a close up photo of the leaves attached to a stem portion. Crush the leaf and see if it has a scent.
Any fruit or seed pods to show?
It's a rainforest species of some sort but hard to identify from your shots.

+
Hi Guys,

Im looking at tidying up the old backyard and I have a certain type of tree.
They are everywhere and they have the same similar look, although some are massive, but the majority are thin, but they are all very tall (or on their way to being tall)

Could anyone tell me what type of tree these are?
Are they useful for anything?

See attached pics
Just by the trunk i think also it may be a Black Bean,if they have a small red flower prior to seeding,and the seed pods are incased in 3-4 seed set-up,i have them on my property in the bush,the timber is sought out from woodworkers,but also there was talk from Japan several years ago that there was something within the make-up of the seeds that was going to
be used for a Aids treatment,not sure how that paned out over the years because i sent a lot of seeds over there about ten years ago..

Where is the location?
Take a close up photo of the leaves attached to a stem portion. Crush the leaf and see if it has a scent.
Any fruit or seed pods to show?
It's a rainforest species of some sort but hard to identify from your shots.

The location is Brisbane. Ive attached a couple more photos of the leaves etc.
Some of the trees branch out sideways, and some are a single trunk thats tall and skinny, do you get that much variety in this type of tree, or could it be two different ones with the same looking trunks?
Doesnt look like any seeds at the moment.....

Attachments

• trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 71
  • trees (1).jpg
    trees (1).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 71
If thats the leaf structure its not a Black Bean. It looks more like a Jacaranda, however they more spread out and look like a canopy and the ones you have grow straight and also branch out.

Looks like some of the bushlands around Brookfield

Brian

The location is Brisbane. Ive attached a couple more photos of the leaves etc.
Some of the trees branch out sideways, and some are a single trunk thats tall and skinny, do you get that much variety in this type of tree, or could it be two different ones with the same looking trunks?
Doesnt look like any seeds at the moment.....
They are not black beans one is a Leopard tree
http://www.pacifictrees.com.au/products.aspx?pid=9
the other is a Jacaranda,plus black bean go straight up..

ok so the Leopard tree and the Black Bean have very similar trunks, but the leopards branch out and the black beans go straight up?

I guess I have both, and in a few places right next to each other.

Attachments

• 577 SPR 21 July 2012 (5).jpg
    577 SPR 21 July 2012 (5).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 55
ok so the Leopard tree and the Black Bean have very similar trunks, but the leopards branch out and the black beans go straight up?

I guess I have both, and in a few places right next to each other.

Leopards have that attractive spotty bark pattern with a smaller compond leaf, yellow flowers, Jacaranda have the soft ferny leaves, are semi deciduous (should drop their leaves soon) with purple flowers and black bean have glossy compound leaves. Google image them all and you will see the difference.

Back